Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fatal fall, any advice appreciated

Reaction score
Hi,

Bit of a long shot, but can anyone offer any advice? I took my anafi for a flight yesterday and it behaved oddly on take off, hovering erratically but seemed to settle, until about 10 mins in when I lost the ability to control any of drones movement it flew backwards away from me camera facing me for about 25-30m before I got control back. I flew it back and ended the flight

Today, i recalibrate the drone, check software is up to date and try again, set the drone up made sure it was responsive and took it straight up at 20m altitude about 10m distance flew for about 2.30 mins then just fell from sky, no errors on FF6 app. My drone is now cracked, the battery is destroyed and the gimbal has snapped off.
The drone is only about 6-8 weeks old from brand new, what I want to know is there any way to prove the status of the drone at the point it fell, as the video file wont play. I'm not sure what the flight data represents.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Copy everything on the SD card, clone it as much as you can, copy that data to a computer.
Hi,
Thanks for reply, with the downloaded files is there a programme needed to open them ? And what sort of info will be in them.
Sorry for all the questions I'm just thinking of contacting parrot to see if they will accept any blame. I know its unlikely.
Thanks.

I am not sure, but you definitely should make a secure copy of this data on something other than the tiny little sliver of a Micro SD card.
Parrot will ask to see it, I think, especially in this case as it is all you have got. Parrot has given lots of replacements out so don't think things are hopeless. I got a brand new Anafi out of them and others have too. You have to fill in a lot of stuff but if it is a genuine fault with the product you will probably receive satisfaction. Have patience with the complaints procedure.

Thank you for the excellent advice, Its reassuring knowing people have had decent customer service from parrott I feel slightly more hopeful I will definitely do as you advised,

Thanks again.

There is an excellent program for analyzing flight data described here:

I had a couple serious crashes with my Anafi(s) just received number 5 in a year..Parrot covered two out of three.
Parrot support will normally want to access the flight data so they can review flight telemetry parameters when failure is involved. Two of my problems were covered by Parrot and they sent a replacement drone these were all gimbal/camera issues. The final crash was deemed my fault after they reviewed flight data and noted I did not have my double GPS lock on. I sold that one for parts (about 375 and bought another).
If they will not warranty for you I would break apart for pars and Ebay them.

Good Luck
Trust me Parrot is far better then DJI with this stuff.

Last edited:
Hi Ironsky1,

I have copied all the data several times to different file locations on my laptop, as advised, and I will be contacting Parrot support today.
Great idea to sell for parts but I'm not sure how much can be salvaged from the sorry looking remains as it landed on it's back doing damage to at least 2 of the motors, destroyed the battery and snapped off the gimbal and also cracked the chassis just behind the camera.
It definitely seems parrot may offer some hope from the replies I'm getting.
I'm glad I found this forum i only wish I'd found it sooner, I will update with parrots decision as soon as I have it.
Thanks for the positive comments.

There is an excellent program for analyzing flight data described here:

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely try using the linked software to see if any errors are present. I'm not sure my basic understanding of the data will be much use but I definitely want to try figure this out as I was quite happy with the Anafi up to this incident, and if Parrot dont validate my claim I want to know if I should buy another.
Thanks

Jusy the motoir Arms are going for 50 to $60 each with the plastic A motherboard and lower fuselage if OK should be worth another 80 bucks So you may be a halfway there to getting a new one

Hi, I will try and salvage any working parts and I intend to analyse the data from the doomed flight to prevent it happening again, what I will say is parrot are yet to reply to my customer service request, but amazon have sent a new replacement out without question, which I recieved today and more unbelievably dont want the remains of the last one, I find this strange but will not look a gift horse in the mouth. I will maybe use any money to buy another couple of batteries.
Thanks for all the brilliant replies and finding this forum was definitely a bonus of my drones death.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adt2024