Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Few failures while starting drone

Dronologist

Reaction score
Aloha,
Trying to revive my Bebop2 after a dive (eh, **** happens).
Overall situation doesn't looks hopeless. Drone starts, I see WiFi and I am able to connect my laptop to it. Could not attach SkyController or FreeFlight though. Could not turn drone off. Can only detach a battery.
Following hacker’s guide I was able to connect to my drone through FTP and download all contents of Debug and crash_reports folders.
Indeed it seems like most of processes shut down after certain failure. The wording is the following: ''Motors Error : Defectuous H-bridge or broken motor phases detected during selftest (3 motor(s) impacted)'
Here’re my questions:
1. Does this message indicate an issue with circuit board or it’s more related to motors themselves?
2. Is there any way to detect which 3 motors out of 4 I have problems with?
3. What else can be learned from a log file in my situation? Perhaps some some more selftest information which help to understand the situation with circuit board?
4. Side note. I was able to get connected to FTP only after I detached GPS. While GPS was connected, drone turned itself off after 10-15 seconds. Not sure how relevant it is.
5. I can publish some logs if anyone is interested to see.

Will appreciate your advices

Reactions: ahvengeance
Mine started having the same problems with not turning off until I detach the batteries. I am also receiving a motor error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did the crash happened? Was it your fault or drone error?

Aloha,
Trying to revive my Bebop2 after a dive (eh, **** happens).
Overall situation doesn't looks hopeless. Drone starts, I see WiFi and I am able to connect my laptop to it. Could not attach SkyController or FreeFlight though. Could not turn drone off. Can only detach a battery.
Following hacker’s guide I was able to connect to my drone through FTP and download all contents of Debug and crash_reports folders.
Indeed it seems like most of processes shut down after certain failure. The wording is the following: ''Motors Error : Defectuous H-bridge or broken motor phases detected during selftest (3 motor(s) impacted)'
Here’re my questions:
1. Does this message indicate an issue with circuit board or it’s more related to motors themselves?
2. Is there any way to detect which 3 motors out of 4 I have problems with?
3. What else can be learned from a log file in my situation? Perhaps some some more selftest information which help to understand the situation with circuit board?
4. Side note. I was able to get connected to FTP only after I detached GPS. While GPS was connected, drone turned itself off after 10-15 seconds. Not sure how relevant it is.
5. I can publish some logs if anyone is interested to see.

Will appreciate your advices
first of all please insure that your battery's is at 100 percent, your drone your controller and your phone tablet. Allow the drone and the controller to connect first then turn on and attach the phone/tablet. Once your all connected calibrate the drone then go fly it the motor issue's will go away, reason being this happened to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut