Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

*** FIRE HAZARD*** LIFE/SAFETY HAZARD***

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Friendly

Reaction score
Hi,

I am am new to this thread however, buyer beware of the ANAFI THERMAL. Background: I was taught how to fly the parrot drone(s) and have a good sense of its capabilities and its weakness' i.e. (no obstruction firmware). Currently, I own multiple standard ANAFI's and ANAFI THERMAL drones. A common problem has been the GIMBAL and loss of visual context on my iPhone/iPad. Most disturbing was a fire in flight upon activating the RTH. That Drone came down in flames without warning. FreeFlight 6 the App had no warning of a problem.

Currently, PARROT was sent pictures, videos, and if any of what was left of the flight data. The drone in question, probably had three to four hours flight time. No prior crashes, open field flying and the thermal component was in full working order. I purchased it through Amazon, however I was two weeks over their return date.

Reaching out to PARROT, I was met with numerous requests, serial number, receipt date, photos of drone, current condition and host of other demands. Complying with each demand through email, and still under warranty, PARROT NOT ONLY DENIED MY REQUEST FOR REPLACEMENT, walked away from its product, consumer concerns and referred me to the DRONE NERDS for further assistance. Now, knowing they never intended to honor their warranty, they played their only hand. SORRY, we have no set-up/SME's in the United States to hold us accountable. Basically, thanks for the $2000+, best of luck.

As they say in France "au revoir", or "a bientot". Basically "allez vous faire foutre".

Earlier I mentioned a GIMBAL problem, yes that is a separate drone that flies, but no GIMBAL reaction from the controller. Rebooted numerous times, no physical damage, just stop working. Their tech Ethan, stated" it might be an internal fan not cooling the drone in flight.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. No accountability, I even offered to mail/ship it to them. Not sure they were in business in the 1970's
IMG_2373.pngIMG_2337.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the first I’ve heard about an in flight fire with any drone but it is a serious matter. If I were you I’d contact the FAA directly or whoever is the authority over aviation matters is in your country and copy Parrot on the correspondence.

I was/I am in constant contact with Parrot. The GIMBAL appears to be the Achilles heal, and the turning of their back on their PARROT product is irreprehensible. Police, Fire ,Utility companies are buying them up, not knowing they are flawed. With Australia burning up, who else knows these drones once out of sight could plummet into a high fuel mod area and catch it on fire.

Suggesting Drone Nerds take over without proper history and excluding the buyer of a replacement/refund.

"I am sorry to let you know that the flight data was not shared as we could not find any flights so you can check with a third party repair center to repair your drone which is called Drone Nerds."

Kind Regards,
Ethan B.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
1 (877) 972-7768
--------------- Original Message ---------------

So Guys and Gals, best of luck, should your drone go down and cause harm, fire, lithium battery leakage , Parrot does not care! From me, Please call 911, mitigate the problem and move to another product, seeing PARROT WAS WARNED AND in not so many words "C'est La Vie".

I was/I am in constant contact with Parrot. The GIMBAL appears to be the Achilles heal, and the turning of their back on their PARROT product is irreprehensible. Police, Fire ,Utility companies are buying them up, not knowing they are flawed. With Australia burning up, who else knows these drones once out of sight could plummet into a high fuel mod area and catch it on fire.

Suggesting Drone Nerds take over without proper history and excluding the buyer of a replacement/refund.

"I am sorry to let you know that the flight data was not shared as we could not find any flights so you can check with a third party repair center to repair your drone which is called Drone Nerds."

Kind Regards,
Ethan B.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768
--------------- Original Message ---------------

So Guys and Gals, best of luck, should your drone go down and cause harm, fire, lithium battery leakage , Parrot does not care! From me, Please call 911, mitigate the problem and move to another product, seeing PARROT WAS WARNED AND in not so many words "C'est La Vie".

Don’t count on Parrot to elevate this safety concern to the proper authorities. You should contact them directly to inform them of this issue.

PARROT, has denied all responsibility! No Repair, Replacement or Refund. Three disabled drones, all three with GIMBAL problems, One caught fire. Located in the United States. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Utility Companies, Police, Fire, just drone enthusiast, BUYER BEWARE.

CASE NUMBERS: Parrot Anafi - Case # 1387516, 1387517

{PARROT RESPONSE TEAM}

Hi John,
I am sorry to let you know that the flight data was not shared as we could not find any flights so you can check with a third party repair center to repair your drone which is called Drone Nerds.

Kind Regards,
Ethan B.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

PARROT, has denied all responsibility! No Repair, Replacement or Refund. Three disabled drones, all three with GIMBAL problems, One caught fire. Located in the United States. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Utility Companies, Police, Fire, just drone enthusiast, BUYER BEWARE.

CASE NUMBERS: Parrot Anafi - Case # 1387516, 1387517

{PARROT RESPONSE TEAM}

Hi John,
I am sorry to let you know that the flight data was not shared as we could not find any flights so you can check with a third party repair center to repair your drone which is called Drone Nerds.

Kind Regards,
Ethan B.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

I would draft a letter to the FAA, NTSB or equivalent agencies in your country advising them of the hazard and copy Parrot on the letter. Maybe that will get them more interested in really investigating the issue.

Quick update,

I received your email acknowledging my concerns about your Parrot Anafi Thermal Drone(s). Unfortunately, your response lacks acknowledgement of the two other drones that sit idle, GIMBAL(S) not working, yet no return receipt for their replacement/refund. Furthermore, I originally reported not just Gimbal problems , but one drone had a flash fire during descent upon using the RTH button on the controller. It appears you are following the thread of myself reaching out to others for help, while your company fell silent on our email and phone call exchanges. I need you to send me return postage for all three dysfunctional drones. One Regular Drone, and two Thermal Drones. I am somewhat pensive as to why your support staff stated you had no repair/return center in the United States and now you do. It was suggested I contact the FAA and advise them of the potential hazard of your product, including our correspondence and silence on the possibility of a fire hazard from the mechanics or possibility of an overheated lithium battery. I am no expert, however, I expect you, PARROT, to provide a safe product that lasts longer than a month and or use of more than three total hours. Please state in writing your intentions of the email dated January 28, 2020. there is no promise of replacement or refund. Sending out these defective drones, without due process (replacement/refund) per your own policy is lacking in content and commitment of nothing other than send the one drone to an address in New Jersey. You have all of my personal information as requested, but still no guarantee of replacement/refund.

Unacceptable,

Please call me at your convenience,

Quick update,

I received your email acknowledging my concerns about your Parrot Anafi Thermal Drone(s). Unfortunately, your response lacks acknowledgement of the two other drones that sit idle, GIMBAL(S) not working, yet no return receipt for their replacement/refund. Furthermore, I originally reported not just Gimbal problems , but one drone had a flash fire during descent upon using the RTH button on the controller. It appears you are following the thread of myself reaching out to others for help, while your company fell silent on our email and phone call exchanges. I need you to send me return postage for all three dysfunctional drones. One Regular Drone, and two Thermal Drones. I am somewhat pensive as to why your support staff stated you had no repair/return center in the United States and now you do. It was suggested I contact the FAA and advise them of the potential hazard of your product, including our correspondence and silence on the possibility of a fire hazard from the mechanics or possibility of an overheated lithium battery. I am no expert, however, I expect you, PARROT, to provide a safe product that lasts longer than a month and or use of more than three total hours. Please state in writing your intentions of the email dated January 28, 2020. there is no promise of replacement or refund. Sending out these defective drones, without due process (replacement/refund) per your own policy is lacking in content and commitment of nothing other than send the one drone to an address in New Jersey. You have all of my personal information as requested, but still no guarantee of replacement/refund.

Unacceptable,

Please call me at your convenience,

Good. It will be interesting how they respond to your comments about contacting the FAA regarding this fire concern. If you get no response draft a letter to the FAA and copy Parrot with that letter advising them if you don't hear from them by a certain date the letter will be sent to the FAA warning them about the potential fire hazard.

IMG_2231.pngIMG_2321.png
This is what kind of customer service messages you will receive "when" your Parrot ANAFI drone craps out.... DO NOT EXPECT a customer service call. Proceed to garbage can and dump. PARROT IS NOT A FULL SERVICE COMPANY. It will not honor it's warranties and as the French would say C'est dommage, Au Revoir, merci beaucoup, S'en metro plain les pouches!

English: Pity, Goodbye, thanks for your money in our pockets.

Please read the rules

This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Post is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut