Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flashing red light

martybeee

Reaction score
bought a new battery from parrot for my year old bebop 2 power, after charging it for about 5 minutes the charger started flashing red,I have two other batteries that came with the bb2 and they charge fine, any suggestions...

It looks like empty battery,like dead empty....hook up charger to battery,wait 30 seconds,unplug it then plug iit back on,do that 10 times,see if that will help...some people had luck by tricking charge,what they did was hook up good battery to charger then switch to empty battery really fast and so few times till charger stops flashing....if you get lucky and it works dont fly with that battery yet,like mike said something could be wrong with battery,hook it up to bebop and let it hover few feet above ground till battery charge gets low,look for fast sudden drops in charge,if you see anything like that its it probably bad cell in battery,send it back

I can share my experience with an issue of a battery going bad. I did invest in a balance charger early on so I do have some advantages. This charger (EV-Peak DP2) can charge 3 batteries at once. One day I was getting ready for flying and I noticed one battery seemed to charge faster then the others. It was over 90% mark where the other two were still in the 60's. The last 10% charged slower so this battery was done sooner then the others but not terribly fast. I thought this was odd so I marked the battery.

First flight on the battery seemed quite normal (100% - 60%) The second flight was a different story, I did not have the drone far since I was using the partially used battery, but it did not make it back and crash landed. The video has the flight data on it so you can see just how fast the battery dropped.

Upon recovering the drone and returning home, plugging the battery in the charger showed cell #2 is way lower then the other 2,( Second picture) clearly this battery is weak. I disposed of it after fully discharging it (NEVER dispose of a battery charged or even storage charged)

Attachments

• 0516200843 (Medium).jpg
    0516200843 (Medium).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 0514201640 (Medium).jpg
    0514201640 (Medium).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Skydreamer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads