Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FlightPlan went to the first programmed waypoint, then zoomed straight up, past the set altitude

BenMcCormick

Reaction score
OK. What am I doing wrong? This is not only unacceptable, but dangerous.
If altitude settings can not be trusted, it could take a dirt nap right into the fountain or pond

It's a little difficult to see, but the waypoint altitude partially hidden by the plus icon seems to read 1879. That would certainly do it! I have found that on the small smartphone screen it is ridiculously easy to change a waypoint's altitude without realizing it. Before doing the last Save I have to zoom in and very carefully pan around the FP making sure not to change anything.

When I got TeamViewer to work it made life a LOT easier when creating Flight Plans.

Reactions: BenMcCormick
Thanks, come to think of it, when I went back to the saved route, I did see the 2nd point high. I thought it got changed after the flight, but apparently not. On the second attempt, after I “fixed” waypoint 2, the drone just stayed on waypoint 1 and gave me an “corrupt file” message.
One other thing I did wrong, was not placing waypoint 1 at the launch point, to get altitude, making sure it cleared the fence. I came too close for comfort to the fence taking off.
The second thing I did wrong, was that I didn’t download the map before starting the new route.
I tried TeamViewer, but was having difficulty zooming in and out. The mouse wheel scrolled the screen up and down.

...One other thing I did wrong, was not placing waypoint 1 at the launch point, to get altitude, making sure it cleared the fence. I came too close for comfort to the fence taking off....
You and quite a few others!!! I always fly it straight up to about 50-100 feet manually before engaging the FP.

TeamViewer works OK on my laptop but it crashes after about 5 minutes so I have to keep saving the plan. There may be a key control for zooming, I've only used it a couple of times.

Don't try to adjust anything on the FP while it's executing except camera angle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut