Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flypad disconnecting

zeder

Reaction score
HI!
I have a problem with Flypad which disconnects during flight, making impossible to control a drone. After switching on Flypad, i can take off and after few seconds Flypad connection cuts off. Controling drone by smartphone works fine, but i have FPV version and it is imposible to fly using Parrot Cockpitglasses.
This happens using different smartphones.
My Mambo firmware is 3.0.26.
I wonder, if firmware downgrade will help solving Flypad comunication problem. If someone knows how to downgrade i'd be grateful.
regards Robert

Last edited:
hi,there could be few issues,bluetooth packs(signal) not compatible with flypad bluetooth,i had android phone that worked fine with flypad,got update and couldnt get it to work properly till next update year later but lets try with few things first,i would try them one by one ,test is and then go to next test.
1.Reset mambo(turn on mambo,wait for lights to flash,press and hold power button in mambo located in belly of mambofor 12 seconds,wait for mambo to flash green light and try to connect to fpypad and test it)
2.Try using different phone(if u using android tight now try using iphone )
3.Connect phone to flypad using bluetooth,open freeflight mini,hit controller icon,hit reset in upper corner,test it with mambo
4.If the problem is with Flypad you can try fixing ir by pressing physical Reset button thats located below L2 button,you will se small hole and you will need needle to do the job
good luck,let me know if you had any luck

Thanks for reply,
I did try every 1 - 4 point much earlier.
Flypad connection problems appears after 30-60 seconds of flight, in situation when i connect to drone directly from Flypad without using smartphone at all. So i think problem is with:
1. drone's firmware?
2. drone's hardware ?
3. Flypad?
That's why i want to start exclude unknows, by stsrting downgrade firmware and check if IT helps. Any suggestions?

I do not recommend a firmware downgrade. 3.0.26 is ok and not known for disconnects.
I remember a similar case in which the drone's BT antenna was broken. The problem was solved by re-soldering it on the mainboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut