Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow me ... help!

Northumbrian

Reaction score
Hi all, I know I’m doing something wrong , but can’t work it out...
Anyhows, trying follow me for the first time, I put a box around the subject ( good colour against background) it does not ask “ok” ? The drone will rotate to follow my movement right / left, but will not follow me forwards?
I know it will be something daft, but I can’t suss it ..... help please!

That's not follow me. That's auto framing and will keep the subject framed but will not follow the subject. If your phone is compatible with the bebop follow me you will see this in the freeflight pro app and you will enter follow me through this screen.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    239.1 KB · Views: 11
That's not follow me. That's auto framing and will keep the subject framed but will not follow the subject. If your phone is compatible with the bebop follow me you will see this in the freeflight pro app and you will enter follow me through this screen.
Thanks Mark, I see this now ,..... doh !
Phone is iPhone 7 so should be good.
Although BB2 came with follow me for free, maybe I still need to accept it, buy purchasing it for £00.00 this may allow access to it.??
Anyhow have done this and will try later today
Thanks again ?

All sorted, just need to get out and practice !
It may have been easier if it was explained a little better from Parrot, thankfully this forum helped to explain it...
Thanks.

Follow me's different modes can be confusing: track, locked, and dynamic. Then there are the smart dronies, even more confusing. Practice follow me's on a bike or walking, with lots of unobstructed airspace on all sides.

Search the forum for "Follow Me"; there are several recent threads to help understand the finer points of Follow Me....which is an incredibly versatile and sophisticated autonomous flight mode.......but not quite smart enough to avoid obstacles along the road/trail, like hedgerows. I like Locked best, because if I start it with the drone ahead of me it will stay there or to one or the other side....where I can SEE it! My only crash so far happened when I used Track and the drone got behind me down a fairly narrow gully path and descended to far, too early. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut