Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Not able to buy "Follow Me" or "Flight Plan"

I've just undergone a troubleshooting session online with Google. They are convinced the problem is with the developer (Parrot). They will be sending me developer contact details so I can bring the issue up with them directly.

I also assumed the issue was on Parrot's end. Hopefully you get in touch with a real, competent person and not an unintelligible tech support bot like last time. Please keep us updated!

Yes, it is a payment settings issue from them side.

Other option is someone with the unlocks to share the obb folder. That might work but not sure. Because when you use the mod version is the folder you keep

Last edited:
Do we know if the problem is specifically with Google? Has anyone successfully bought the in-app options using an iOS device recently?

Sep 20, 2023
weird....I bought back my old drone a few months back and was able to purchase the add ons through apple store for use on an Iphone... I would fire an email off to Parrot and see what they come back with ,,, I would say that I re-purchased my old drone in May of this year and I had no hassles with Apple store for the Freeflight add ons...

I also bought them for the iPad recently without any kind of problems. However the ipad is too big for me and I can not migrate them to Android.

Hello,Does anyone already have a solution to the problem with Android.I was interested in the Parrot Anafi a year ago and now I bought it used two weeks ago. It doesn't seem possible to buy Follow me with an iPhone and then upgrade it to an Android phone.

Hello,Does anyone already have a solution to the problem with Android.I was interested in the Parrot Anafi a year ago and now I bought it used two weeks ago. It doesn't seem possible to buy Follow me with an iPhone and then upgrade it to an Android phone.
not possible.....IOS and Android are 2 different Operating systems.....

not possible.....IOS and Android are 2 different Operating systems.....
Yes they are, but may be a key file for this addon is encoed the same way in ios and android. Other way is json query on software start if any addons are enabled. For this way query and answer can be the same for ios either for android.

Yes they are, but may be a key file for this addon is encoed the same way in ios and android. Other way is json query on software start if any addons are enabled. For this way query and answer can be the same for ios either for android.
I hear what you are saying....but you have to be logged into your Google or Apple account in order to purchase the add ons..... and no doubt there will be a connection between the add ons and the account which will stop you from transfering them.... I would say that Parrot have dropped the add ons from the Google play store....

I've just copied Freeflight 6 to a new device and guess wot the app came over without follow me or flight plan. I hit 'restore purchase' and also the 'buy' tab, but nothing.

Seems as though Parrot have disabled the links. So.. Is there a way to copy the entire app with all data and settings inc the above?

Gareth

I contacted them a couple of times regarding this and I used their contact form Parrot. I recall when I purchased follow me, I believe that it was around April of last year.
I signed out of my account and tried to make the purchase that way because I remember that I had to do that when I purchased follow me and then it had me try to sign into my google account. I don't know what the logic is by doing that but it seems that the process has changed.
Google has been pissing me off lately because they have been doing trash business practices so if this is an issue between parrot and google, then like Boggy B says, just update the app one last time, make Remote ID broadcast available in the states and make the features free. I mean it's a drone feature, not DLC....

So, do I understand correctly that not only we can't buy those modes we can't even restore them anymore?

Well they responded to my email and I'll share that with you because it seems that is the case. They basically just tell you to kick rocks and buy the new **** (excuse my French but it seems appropriate since this is a French based company).

Quoted email response below from Jérémy.

"Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Service.

As technology continues to evolve rapidly, due to this advance, there may be compatibility issues with new devices or operating systems on the market compared to the historical Parrot product you are using.
Unfortunately, it is no longer to make purchases on the Freeflight 6 app.

Best regards,

Parrot Support Team"

So in my experience as a software developer, even when we updated our software and pushed people to our cloud platform, we still provided limited support on the old software just to get our clients by. We provided support to onboard them onto our new platforms. If they didn't pay any annual maintenance support, we still at least gave them a solution to get the software running and then we pushed them over to our account executives and trainers so they could get up to speed with the new stuff after they renewed. They were offered discounts within reason to upgrade or if they did not want to, we liked the fact that they still used our software so we put into writing that we would make a one time one off build for their situation and anything moving forward would have to be pushed to the new cloud based platform. Most of the time after we did this, our clients actually used the build to finish their projects and about a month later, they were ready to push themselves to our cloud solution.

Customer service on the parrot side is not really that great. I understand that they believe in right to repair but don't put features behind a paywall and then forever shut it down 2-3 years later. Make it available after end of life or provide better SDK documentation to enable features related.

I'm going on a rant so I'll stop here.

I think they should at least do one last update for the 4K that enables Remote ID in the states and unlocks all features. They don't even sell the drone anymore and the ANAFI Ai isn't exactly all that affordable. When it does become affordable, they're just going to sunset the thing right after.

Sad because I have been a parrot User since the AR 2.0

Thank you for sharing. Now at least it's clear! "Follow Me" and "Flight Plan" died silently. Just waiting for somebody to get so upset and crack this app open. Sooner or later we will be so many of us we would want to pay this guy.

Well, maintenance of the flight plan add-on was about to become a PITA for them due to scoped storage. And since they killed the consumer side of their business, their responses aren't terribly surprising. That's going to bite them in the *** if they ever decide to get back into that space.

Hopefully this means used Bebops are about to get real cheap.

At least the features are all there in the SDK for you to build your own version of the flight planner. I shoehorned the things I need (list/select/launch/cancel flightplans, RTH, Return To Me, drone location and vert/horz distance, etc.) into their Android SDK sample. I don't enjoy mobile app development so it's pretty ugly but it satisfies my use case and works entirely independently of their app and entitlements.

Well, maintenance of the flight plan add-on was about to become a PITA for them due to scoped storage. And since they killed the consumer side of their business, their responses aren't terribly surprising. That's going to bite them in the *** if they ever decide to get back into that space.

Hopefully this means used Bebops are about to get real cheap.

At least the features are all there in the SDK for you to build your own version of the flight planner. I shoehorned the things I need (list/select/launch/cancel flightplans, RTH, Return To Me, drone location and vert/horz distance, etc.) into their Android SDK sample. I don't enjoy mobile app development so it's pretty ugly but it satisfies my use case and works entirely independently of their app and entitlements.
I really understand that dislike for mobile app dev. It's so limited and not really cost effective. I have been going through their SDK's and it's okay but I don't have that much time to be doing that when I can build a website to sell my services and provide content for people that drop by.

I was also thinking about getting the Ai or the thermal but I don't know about that anymore. By the time I get one of those and add it to my fleet, the software might be obsolete as well. Not a good business expense if you ask me. I bought my ANAFI in 2021 brand new from the BBY and I find out that it's obsolete when I had the Sky Controller 3 issue with the USB cable. They sent me this email response for that issue.

"Kindly note that spare parts are available for all of our Anafi range, however, on this occasion, the specific part required is not a component which has been designed to be sold within our spare part inventory.

Our dedicated partner, Drone Nerds not only stock the Sky Controller 3, but may also be able to assist in repairing device. I would suggest for you to contact them to discuss the options available.

In terms of a warranty request, then for this we would recommend for you to contact your place of purchase directly, to inquire about their warranty terms.

Please accept our apologies once again.

Best Regards,

Stephen | Parrot"

I had to go on ebay and buy another sky controller 3 to rip apart for like 50 bucks just for the USB connector board. Recently I purchased another ANAFI because they also told me to kick rocks when I contacted them about batteries. $100 for a non OEM battery was a bit too much so I spent $300 on a whole kit on Facebook Marketplace that came with the case, 2 oem batteries, extra controller, and the drone of course.

I really do not know what they want to be. If they want to be a manufacturer okay, but might want to get a few more people on board to be drone dealers to sell the product and perform maintenance and repair.

Makes me wonder how reliable these drones are out on the field for the authorities, rescuers and military personnel that depend on these.

Okay I'm ranting again. As you can tell I have dealt with parrot support a number of times lol. Just coming from customer service and development background, I am just dumbfounded.

From what I have seen on the news and other articles, most of the departments are using the Mavic3T for everything. Some still using the older anafi and thermal version.

Makes me wonder how reliable these drones are out on the field for the authorities, rescuers and military personnel that depend on these.

Yeah this stinks but I guess I might have to really dive that much further into the Parrot SDK to get something else going. I think you can also program it with Scratch so if I can get some integration with something other than google maps (mapquest maybe lol) I might go there. Just way more work than needed. Maybe we can get better remote ID broadcast doing it this way as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320