Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow Me observations

Great :) now the only thing that’s left is to check how good the barometer actually works. That will be my next test

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Oh and watching your video (first few minute) i wondered: Would the Anafi maybe also take your velocity into account when switching to or using the gps? Like when you walk or even run and it is flying at the same speed then you run under the roof you used in the first minutes of the video, would it „estimate“ that you may come out on the other side and try to catch you there? I have seen some footage of people driving behind a tree and the Anafi kept going into the same direction like it would expect its target to keeping the current direction and speed even if it lost visual contact.

Oh and watching your video (first few minute) i wondered: Would the Anafi maybe also take your velocity into account when switching to or using the gps? Like when you walk or even run and it is flying at the same speed then you run under the roof you used in the first minutes of the video, would it „estimate“ that you may come out on the other side and try to catch you there? I have seen some footage of people driving behind a tree and the Anafi kept going into the same direction like it would expect its target to keeping the current direction and speed even if it lost visual contact.
I'll have to test that out, with walking or running in a long straight line before going under that shelter. I suspect it does as I have seen video of the Anafi following cars through forests & it just kept on going at the same pace as the vehicle.

Anyone had a chance to try this feature while changing altitude? (With or without a barometer sensor in their device) I'm going skiing next week and am looking to give it a try off piste, would be good if the Anafi could change altitude as I'm descending down some of the mountain.

Not yet, will try that out as soon as possible. Btw I am using a device with a barometer, so I can only test this case

Reactions: Joela85
Not yet, will try that out as soon as possible. Btw I am using a device with a barometer, so I can only test this case
Ye, I'm hoping to borrow a device with a Barometer to test skiing. Will probably be looking for a new phone before long, Pixel 3 or Huawei Mate 20 Pro if I need one with a Barometer sensor. Look forward to the results.

If you have a barometer in your device this works very well. There are limits as to how fast it will change in altitude. If you are going to fast the Anafi might not have enough time to adjust. Some devices work better then others.

I'm still at a complete loss as to how you get it to lock onto a car. There's no option for that anywhere in Freeflight 6 that I can find!

Can I use my Anafy in follow me mode WITHOUT selecting and watching myself like the Yuneec drones, so it follows me and the Skycontroller let say about 200 meters beside, for, or behind me over the river? Sorry, maybe I missed this in the instructions and threads!!!!

Can I use my Anafy in follow me mode WITHOUT selecting and watching myself like the Yuneec drones, so it follows me and the Skycontroller let say about 200 meters behind me over the river? Sorry, maybe I missed this in the instructions and threads!!!!
Not to my knowledge, it needs a target to lock on to so as to initialise the Follow Me mode tracking.

Reactions: Scouts
It will home in on your controller or what they call a wizard wand that is about the size of a tv remote. Shove it in the water proof case and into your pocket and away you go.

• Love
Typhoon Q500 and Typhoon H follow both the controller over about 500 meter, maybe the wizard to. For, behind or beside you, without selecting someting. But if this is impossible with the Anafi I try it by hand, thanks!

I'm still at a complete loss as to how you get it to lock onto a car. There's no option for that anywhere in Freeflight 6 that I can find!
Tracking a car/vehicle/bicycle with the Anafi is very easy because you can basically use just a phone to control it and put the phone on the seat or in a bracket/pouch and then select the car/bicycle,etc and go..
The tracking mode of the Anafi defaults to the device if you do not draw a square around an object ( I do not think it will actually initiate the "follow" until you do draw the box).
As a test, try just flying (in "manual flight mode") the Anafi maybe 40-50 feet high and same distance away with the camera (nose of the drone)pointed away from you and select "follow me mode" it will pause and wait for a GPS from the phone/device and then will turn itself to face you/controller/phone without any input and without selecting yourself as the target! You can then select yourself with a box to initiate the follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scouts
Anyone had a chance to try this feature while changing altitude? (With or without a barometer sensor in their device) I'm going skiing next week and am looking to give it a try off piste, would be good if the Anafi could change altitude as I'm descending down some of the mountain.
As mentioned above, if your device has a barometer then the Anafi will follow your altitude very well!
I did some experimenting while hiking using just the phone ( I have a Samsung Note8 so it has all the bells and whistles) and it worked very well.
I even tried raising/lowering my arm (from almost ground level to way over my head), with the phone in that hand, and the Anafi adjusted its height to correspond to that change in the phone's height!
And, as a bit of a bonus, the sensor on the bottom of the Anafi would pick up if it was descending too low to an object/tree.

Reactions: Joela85

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456