Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Free Flight Thermal App Not Capturing Thermal Data

Solostarian

Reaction score
Hello, new to Parrot and the Bebop 2 Thermal.

I am having an issue where I record video plus still shots with the attached Flir One Pro, there appears to be no thermal data. they are just JPEG and MP4.

Finished the flight and went to look at the media, but to my surprise it was blank. Yet Free Flight Thermal app (FFT) showed the flights, but that no media had been recorded. Then I reconnected to the drone, and opened the thermal function took some test pictures that showed as captured in the photo count. Went to media, it is still empty. So to get the data off the drone I had to connect it with my PC, and then download them into a folder. No export options anywhere I could find on the FFT app.

From here I could see all the JPEG and MP4 media, and that some of the thumb nail pictures indicated certain things as being "thermal". However, when
but when I upload the media to FLIR Tools it just standard images with no thermal data, just JPEG and MP4.

I had another FLIR device and I took some pics and video with it, uploaded it to FLIR Tools and they have thermal data.

Went back to check all the possible settings on the FFT app, but could find nothing that modified what type of data was being captured.

So I am not sure at this point what else I can trouble shoot. Google returns almost nothing relating to this issue with the Parrot Bebop 2 Thermal, and it's accompanying FLIR One Pro. I could really use some help.

Free Flight Thermal Version 3.0.2
Samsung Galaxy 9+ Model: SM-G965U Android Version: 9 Kernel Version: updated May 28th
Windows 10 for FLIR Tools
FLIR Tools Version 5.1.18031.2002

Cheers.

Have you tried reinstalling the FreeFightThermal app?

Have you ever updated the Flir One Pro firmware? Because, that will wipe out its compatibility with the FreFlightTermal app.

Have you tried reinstalling the FreeFightThermal app?

Have you ever updated the Flir One Pro firmware? Because, that will wipe out its compatibility with the FreFlightTermal app.

I have not done either of those thing and will take another go at it.

Thanks, will report what happens!

On my Android Note phone... the "Thermal" images are in a "Thermal Export" subfolder of the "Bebop 2" DCIM folder.

I connect the phone --> to Flir Tools on my PC.
Screenshot_20190826-050017_My Files.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-050017_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-050017_My Files.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 4
I also access the Thermal videos/images by downloading and using the Flir Tools app... to process the images in "Thermal_export" subfolder on the phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-051551_FLIR Tools.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-051551_FLIR Tools.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 3
"Thermal_export" subfolder in Flir Tools app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-052234_FLIR Tools.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-052234_FLIR Tools.jpg
    737.2 KB · Views: 2
Final product from Flir Tools on the PC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-055222_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-055222_Drive.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 7
Cool. I am going to test these steps.

Just check my Samsung and there are no images tagged with Bebop on the phone.

Cheers!

On my Android Note phone... the "Thermal" images are in a "Thermal Export" subfolder of the "Bebop 2" DCIM folder.

I connect the phone --> to Flir Tools on my PC.
View attachment 2580
Could you help us, I have a bebop 2 pro thermal, the bebop folder appears, I also see the photos, but when I turn them to flir tools, it doesn't have a thermal data. You could detail us step by step as you have to export the images and the addresses of the folder I have a Huawei T3 media pad tablet where I have flir tools and flight thermal

Could you help us, I have a bebop 2 pro thermal, the bebop folder appears, I also see the photos, but when I turn them to flir tools, it doesn't have a thermal data. You could detail us step by step as you have to export the images and the addresses of the folder I have a Huawei T3 media pad tablet where I have flir tools and flight thermal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut