Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight update battery update error fix.

kotronas

Reaction score
Hello to the forum anyone that will experience a dead battery after the latest update (03/04/2020) here is one fix and i find it by mistake.
The battery didn't start up and when i put it on charge all the LEDS was blinking green.

The Fix
Put the battery for charge and prepare the drone (ready to put the battery on),connect your phone to your controller open the app and wait the led status of the battery to reach the fastest blinking,remove from charger and put the battery on the drone and you will notice that the drone starts up after that the battery will be normal again.
I hope this post will be usefull and i am the only user that experience that,thanks a lot and have a nice day.

My new batterie is down after update and will not charching anymore! Will try "the fix"
- Yesssssss. After 30-40 times trying it works again so thank you very much. No problems with the rest of the batteries.
- quick push the start button and go!
- Now FF6 don't start up any more without Wifi connection but that is another problem, can't fly :eek:

Last edited:
Glad to help i hope someone solves the startup error because it takes a long time.

My new batterie is down after update and will not charching anymore! Will try "the fix"
- Yesssssss. After 30-40 times trying it works again so thank you very much. No problems with the rest of the batteries.
- quick push the start button and go!
- Now FF6 don't start up any more without Wifi connection but that is another problem, can't fly :eek:

delete FF6 V 6.6.6 and the download and install ff6 v 6.6.5-rc1 , the Data Sync will run on first startup and won't initiate this data sync again... worked for me... thanks to Augustine for thw workaround....

go here and look for the last working version FreeFlight 6 1.0.0 (Android 4.4+) APK Download by Parrot SA - APKMirror

He had a different problem. His battery failed the update. So it would not charge anymore.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

He had a different problem. His battery failed the update. So it would not charge anymore.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

aye I know... but he did mention at the end of his post that "Now FF6 don't start up any more without Wifi connection but that is another problem, can't fly"

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
aye I know... but he did mention at the end of his post that "Now FF6 don't start up any more without Wifi connection but that is another problem, can't fly"
You are right Augustine. I will wait some days if Parrot solve this and if not than I take this APK and if working never updating any more. Thank you very much!

After updating the latest update 6-3-2020 the Anafi is flying again. Thanks all!

You are right Augustine. I will wait some days if Parrot solve this and if not than I take this APK and if working never updating any more. Thank you very much!
Parrot today solved this problem!
This version enhances the battery level management and fixes the data synchronisation issue caused by previous version.

Reactions: highanddry
Figure it out the problem with error on battery update is that i didn't charge it over a wall charger but over a powerbank and after the final stage of the update the powerbank shuts the power and the update doesn't finish properly ending up with almost a dead battery so on battery update always use a wall charger,thanks a lot.

Figure it out the problem with error on battery update is that i didn't charge it over a wall charger but over a powerbank and after the final stage of the update the powerbank shuts the power and the update doesn't finish properly ending up with almost a dead battery so on battery update always use a wall charger,thanks a lot.
There’s nothing to do with your powerbank.
i also have upgraded my three batteries with my powerbank, without any trouble.
You’re right that during the upgrade process, the power switch off, but switch on again a few second later to finish the upgrade. I saw the same thing on my three batteries, so it’s not the powerbank which switch off the power, but the anafi battery.
Your problem is something else. But I don’t know what is it...

mine has been updating for about 2 hours now , its reached update and reboot but just seems to be in a loop (at update and reboot)
i dont really want to stop and restart but its now taking too long. what should i do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh