Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Good tablet for thermal app - Bebop Thermal Drone?

vkm083185

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking forward to getting my Bebop thermal drone in. Anyone here have any experience with an android tablet that they really like with that particular combo? I understand the limitations associated with the FLIR One Pro (low res, and all, lol). My concern is with basic telemetry between the drone and the tablet. I would like to have the best experience possible.

PS: I am very familiar with the FLIR side of things, as I regularly perform commercial energy auditing service North/Central Texas.

Hello,

Looking forward to getting my Bebop thermal drone in. Anyone here have any experience with an android tablet that they really like with that particular combo? I understand the limitations associated with the FLIR One Pro (low res, and all, lol). My concern is with basic telemetry between the drone and the tablet. I would like to have the best experience possible.

PS: I am very familiar with the FLIR side of things, as I regularly perform commercial energy auditing service North/Central Texas.

Welcome to.

I have no experience with the drone you have purchased. But Parrot seems to follow in the footsteps of DJI and make their APP more and more processor demanding, that is, there must be a lot of horsepower under the hood.

I only have experience with Android based phones / tablets. Lenovo has a tablet called Tab4 10 Plus ZA2R - LTE - Android 7.0 (Nougat) - 4GB Memory - 64GB eMMC - 10.1 "IPS (1920 x 1200) - microSD-4G modem with Octa-core processor with a clockfreq on 2 GHz. I can recommend it. In addition, it has built-in GPS.

Huwari has similar high end tabs with Octa-core processor> = 2 GHz they are call MediePad M3 and MediePad M5 with 4G mode built-in, GPS, etc.

The tabs mentioned all have all an good and bright screen.

Common to the mentioned tablets is that the price is > $350 and up.

You can of course get phones with similar specifications at even higher prices.

The advantage of Android is, in my opinion, an open operating system, unlike Apple. Many Apple phones / tablets are also having trouble running DJI software now and will probably also get that with Parrot's in the future.

Hope I have helped you a bit.

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Welcome to.

I have no experience with the drone you have purchased. But Parrot seems to follow in the footsteps of DJI and make their APP more and more processor demanding, that is, there must be a lot of horsepower under the hood.

I only have experience with Android based phones / tablets. Lenovo has a tablet called Tab4 10 Plus ZA2R - LTE - Android 7.0 (Nougat) - 4GB Memory - 64GB eMMC - 10.1 "IPS (1920 x 1200) - microSD-4G modem with Octa-core processor with a clockfreq on 2 GHz. I can recommend it. In addition, it has built-in GPS.

Huwari has similar high end tabs with Octa-core processor> = 2 GHz they are call MediePad M3 and MediePad M5 with 4G mode built-in, GPS, etc.

The tabs mentioned all have all an good and bright screen.

Common to the mentioned tablets is that the price is > $350 and up.

You can of course get phones with similar specifications at even higher prices.

The advantage of Android is, in my opinion, an open operating system, unlike Apple. Many Apple phones / tablets are also having trouble running DJI software now and will probably also get that with Parrot's in the future.

Hope I have helped you a bit.

Regards Leif.

Thanks!

I currently have 4 operating quads that I use regularly in one form or another in my business. I use Crystal Sky Monitors with each. As for iPhone and Parrot, I hear that only Android-type devices may be used to any degree of success. Thanks for the feedback on processor saturation. I will look at the tabs you mentioned.

Have fun and Drone on!
Kevin

Reactions: Landbo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut