Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has anyone dissected the Anafi battery pack yet? I thinking about doing it to see if we can make a custom battery pack.

Evanator

Reaction score
I have seen some high discharge Panasonic 18650 battery cells that are 3.7V 3500mah 20A max drain, so you could use these x 2 to get a flight time of about 32minutes

Just need to figure out what the other 8 pins on the battery pack do im guessing some are for the usb-c and maybe there is 2 pins that bridge to initiate the drone to turn on.

Does anyone wanna help out with this?

This video shows someone in Italy stripping the battery to lighten the drone (I get the impression the rules must relax if the drone is below 300g). However he just reuses all the associated pcbs etc so not sure if it will help you.

I have seen some high discharge Panasonic 18650 battery cells that are 3.7V 3500mah 20A max drain, so you could use these x 2 to get a flight time of about 32minutes

Just need to figure out what the other 8 pins on the battery pack do im guessing some are for the usb-c and maybe there is 2 pins that bridge to initiate the drone to turn on.

Does anyone wanna help out with this?

Hi.

Your two 18650 cells will probably weigh a little less than the two LiPo that are in the battery from the original. I'd say it's worth a try if you have the courage to do it.

There is apparently a company in Italy selling parts to "slim" Miss Anafi.

MediaCopter

Regards Leif.

This video shows someone in Italy stripping the battery to lighten the drone (I get the impression the rules must relax if the drone is below 300g). However he just reuses all the associated pcbs etc so not sure if it will help you.

Wow
I was waiting for it to blow up. Thats pretty extreme and not to mention very unsafe way to get a few more grams off the Anafi. Don't think I would be doing it lol

Wow
I was waiting for it to blow up. Thats pretty extreme and not to mention very unsafe way to get a few more grams off the Anafi. Don't think I would be doing it lol
Yeah, I was cringing somewhat when I saw he was going to use a Dremel to slice into it - seemed a bit extreme!!, but I've never tried opening the battery and maybe it is a bit tricky (plus he obviously had no intention of keeping the plastic shell so wasn't really too concerned from that perspective at least).

Yup not worth the risk. Just the smell of a burning lipo is enough to turn you off screwing around with one. :)
Being a moderator over on another forum I have seen a few pictures of what lipo fires have done to peoples belongings. Not something you should be playing with if you have no idea of what you are doing and are in a safe place to take care of any unexpected fires.
LiPo-battery-fire.png

I think the easiest way to increase battery capacity would be to keep PCB and connectors and only to replace lipos with types with more capacity.
Reason: You won't have to deal with the communication and interaction between Anafi and battery PCB. Anafi would certainly accept the "new" battery, which only has higher capacity.

Reactions: Kilrah
I saw a YouTube video from a French drone racer (Pablo Sotes) that works a lot with Parrot and it’s products.
He wanted to fly in Spain where ‘‘toy drones’ under 250g are allowed to fly in town.
So he did the battery change, kept the PCB...
If you consider he is very used to soldering things that fly and doing mods, just take into account that it took him 3 or 4 dead batteries prior to succeed... half of the video is about ‘why you should be carefull’
I would not do that (unless I have very close friends at Parrot)
The link is here:

Reactions: unclesrouge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame