Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has anyone personally successfully rebuilt an Anafi battery?

tlyons

Reaction score
I just ordered cells from Aliexpress and expect to rebuild the batteries when they arrive. With the clogged shipping, maybe late November or December.

Has anyone successfully done this themselves? Does the controller need to be kept alive or can power be disconnected? I am interested in 1st person knowledge if anyone has done this themselves.

Are there any other likely issues with just swapping the cells? My plan with the larger cells is to try to fit them in with a 3d printed case. The length is similar to the OEM abut they are wider.

Thanks!

Some useful links:
opening the case at 3:07 without damage:
anafi cells: 7.35US $ 6% OFF|New 3.8V 2700mAh Li Polymer Battery Cell For Parrot ANAFI Flight Accumulator|Digital Batteries| - AliExpress
bigger cells but 70mm in length: 6.91US $ 6% OFF|New 3500mAh Li Polymer Replacement 953972 943871 Bare Cell For DJI Mavic AIR 2 Flight Battery Accumulator|Digital Batteries| - AliExpress
original cells from Grepow GRPA030072: High Voltage Lithium Battery Cell - Highest Energy Density

Reactions: sibujacob
Hi,

There is a US store selling equivalent Parrot Anafi batteries for a nominal fee.
I fear I am too frugal to spend $134.
Bestbuy is $99 for an OEM: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/battery-for-parrot-anafi/6269227.p?skuId=6269227
Amazon is $99 for 3rd party: Amazon.com: 2700mAh 7.6V 20.52Wh Lipo Upgrade Battery Drone Replacement Smart Battery for Parrot Anafi, 1 Pack, Dark Grey : Toys & Games
Walmart/3rd party seller is $87: Robot or human?
Aliexpress is $65 shipped: 59.39US $ 31% OFF|7.6V 2700mAh 20.52Wh lithium battery for Parrot Anafi Battery High quality remote control for 7.6v drone battery|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

The rub really is that the internal cells (if you can find them) are about $10 if you can use a soldering iron. Me? I have some cells and a soldering iron but I just bought 6 used batteries, 4 in good shape, so the project went to the back burner.

Good luck!

Reactions: sibujacob
I fear I am too frugal to spend $134.
Bestbuy is $99 for an OEM: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/battery-for-parrot-anafi/6269227.p?skuId=6269227
Amazon is $99 for 3rd party: Amazon.com: 2700mAh 7.6V 20.52Wh Lipo Upgrade Battery Drone Replacement Smart Battery for Parrot Anafi, 1 Pack, Dark Grey : Toys & Games
Walmart/3rd party seller is $87: Robot or human?
Aliexpress is $65 shipped: 59.39US $ 31% OFF|7.6V 2700mAh 20.52Wh lithium battery for Parrot Anafi Battery High quality remote control for 7.6v drone battery|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

The rub really is that the internal cells (if you can find them) are about $10 if you can use a soldering iron. Me? I have some cells and a soldering iron but I just bought 6 used batteries, 4 in good shape, so the project went to the back burner.

Good luck!
I am unable to purchase from any of these sites as they dont ship them to India !!

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut