Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Have I damaged my battery?

ItMustBeGuv

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I haven't flown my Anafi in two weeks. Planning to fly it on Saturday as forecast good. Bought a PowerBank today and thought I'd see how it charged the Anafi.

Didn't seem to start the charge sequence I remember seeing in the past. The battery lights flashed red for a split second then just the smaller/lower green light came on.

I'm now charging the battery via mains. Again only bottom light is on green but it's solid green/not flashing. I'll leave it for a few hours but anxious now the battery is bricked or something. I thought the green light flashed when charging?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

John.

Hi everyone. I haven't flown my Anafi in two weeks. Planning to fly it on Saturday as forecast good. Bought a PowerBank today and thought I'd see how it charged the Anafi.

Didn't seem to start the charge sequence I remember seeing in the past. The battery lights flashed red for a split second then just the smaller/lower green light came on.

I'm now charging the battery via mains. Again only bottom light is on green but it's solid green/not flashing. I'll leave it for a few hours but anxious now the battery is bricked or something. I thought the green light flashed when charging?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

John.
Page 25 of the manual:
Ideally, when not in use for a prolonged period, batteries should be stored half-charged. When not in use for 10 days, Anafi ’s smart battery discharges itself, if required, to 65% charge, over a 48h period. In other words, after a maximum of 12 days without use, this smart battery enters hibernation with a charge level which never exceeds 65%. If you leave your battery for 12 days, you will find out its power button does not activate the charge level LED indicators. The battery needs to be charged to exit the wintering mode and start operating as described in the earlier paragraphs: this behavior preserves the battery over time. Parrot recommends you always run a full charge of your smart battery before flying the Anafi

Thanks for the reply. I had found that information with a Google search before posting. Unfortunately it doesn't help with my problem.
UPDATE: Single green light has now gone out and nothing happens at all when I connect the battery to the charger. Doesn't look promising.

Thanks for the reply. I had found that information with a Google search before posting. Unfortunately it doesn't help with my problem.
UPDATE: Single green light has now gone out and nothing happens at all when I connect the battery to the charger. Doesn't look promising.

Last resort, have you tried another cable to charge the battery through ???

Regards Leif.

Leif I could hug you! I almost didn't try another cable thinking "yeah seriously like that'd work". Man, I've never been so happy to see a green flashing light! Thank you so much for taking the time to help this noob pilot.

Tnx, but you do not have to hug me. :) I have gradually become so old that in my job as a car mechanic I've seen all what people forget to look for before calling help hwen ........... I'm glad you "only" have a bad cable, throw it away immediately.

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Hi guys - very interested about this topic. Bought new battery for Parrot Anafi, connected to pc to offload files but after that red lights flashing!! 12 second rule not really clearing it - comes back flashing! So before I start my battle with Amazon, is there some other reset I can try. Swapped cables,no go. Oddly battery did not have any green led when I first charged it...I eventually got it charged after I air blew the sync port...any thoughts?

Hi guys - very interested about this topic. Bought new battery for Parrot Anafi, connected to pc to offload files but after that red lights flashing!! 12 second rule not really clearing it - comes back flashing! So before I start my battle with Amazon, is there some other reset I can try. Swapped cables,no go. Oddly battery did not have any green led when I first charged it...I eventually got it charged after I air blew the sync port...any thoughts?
Don't try to charge Anafi's battery from a USB plug of a computer or laptop.
Use a smartphone charger or better a USB-C PD charger.

Reactions: Senseicat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame