Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello from a cheese farm in New Jersey! (USA)

curdnerd

Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I have a Parrot AR Drone 1.0, the original one circa 2011.
It worked fine when last used...in 2012! I just dug it out of the attic, replaced the very dead battery, and powered it up.

The led in the body and the four under the rotors lit red at first, as expected, then the one on the body went to green, but the four first went to dark, and then to red.

I can see the wifi ssid, but cannot connect with either an android or an RPI.

I have searched the 'net, and found suggestions about holding down the unpair button for 5 sec to switch from ad hoc to access-point, but this doesn't seem to help--it may be for the 2.0 version.

There is very little info out there for the version 1 model, and it is unclear if Freeflight 2 will work with the older model.

So, am I out of luck--is this now a fossil, or can someone steer me in the right direction to get this baby off the ground?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan White, Cheesemaker

I read your post and asked whether you have a FUNCTIONING replacement battery, because if it is older and weak like your 1st battery, you will perhaps have no success with pairing. Just trying to help ...

Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I have a Parrot AR Drone 1.0, the original one circa 2011.
It worked fine when last used...in 2012! I just dug it out of the attic, replaced the very dead battery, and powered it up.

The led in the body and the four under the rotors lit red at first, as expected, then the one on the body went to green, but the four first went to dark, and then to red.

I can see the wifi ssid, but cannot connect with either an android or an RPI.

I have searched the 'net, and found suggestions about holding down the unpair button for 5 sec to switch from ad hoc to access-point, but this doesn't seem to help--it may be for the 2.0 version.

There is very little info out there for the version 1 model, and it is unclear if Freeflight 2 will work with the older model.

So, am I out of luck--is this now a fossil, or can someone steer me in the right direction to get this baby off the ground?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan White, Cheesemaker
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53