Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help - Skycontroller is Dead

elfman1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought a "Manufacturer Refurbished" Parrot Disco and after a month or so of waiting for a new battery to arrive, I turned it on, the Disco turns on fine, and I can see the image from the camera on the phone. However, the Skycontroller 2 turns on but only shows a red light, it does not connect to the phone (I've tried 4 different phones, iphones and androids, and a tablet), I've tried several USB cables, including the one that came with the Disco. I cannot find any information on the issue online, it seems there is very little info about this drone anywhere. I also own a Mavic Pro and there is a ton of info on how to fix many issues with it, not in this case. I contacted Parrot and they asked for a video of the issue, which I provided, but have not heard back from them. I've read a few posts with similar issues, but I guess the original posters either resolved the issue and did not post the solution, or simply gave up.

Any info would be awesome, I am currently sitting with a 400$ brick on my desk. Also, does the Skycontroller 1 work for the Disco, cannot find that anywhere either. I am thinking IF I have to buy a new controller and the SC1 works, I'd rather buy one of those because of the HDMI out feature.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

E.

The SC-1 works with the Disco.
Does the SC2 did not connect with the Disco, if you only switch on the SC2 and after that the Disco (without any mobile)?
It could be possible, that one connection of the USB port inside of the SC2 must be resolved...But it's only an idea
The Datatransmission on the mobiles is enabled? Maybe the USB is as default only Charge

Thanks so much for clarifying the issue about the SC1, I will keep it in mind in case I have a defective SC2.

The SC2 does not connect to the Disco without a phone, nor with a phone. It just turns on and gets that darn red light. No blinking, no nothing.

Thanks so much for any help!

Have you check the Skycontroller 2 battery if it is good enough with capacity ? batteries with low capacity won't supply all needed to makes it fully functionality

Hi again, I think that may be the culprit. I took out the battery and it seems to be a little bulgy. The readout is 6.4v. Now I am confused. The replacements they sell on Amazon say 3.7v, and the controller itself, on the back, says USE ONLY ORIGINAL BATTERY 12.6v = 3.5 A. (That may actually be referring to the drone battery). I would love to know which one to get. I am sure there are other brands out there that are more reliable than Parrot, and cheaper. I know a bit about LiPos and Li-Ion, enough to know that it does not need to be an exact Parrot Battery (which costs $48), and maybe I can get away with buying a cheaper model for it. To be honest I am already $65 over budget because the drone's battery was missing when it arrived, and I'd like to save even 20 bucks to get a new battery for the controller, especially since I have no way of testing if that will fix the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

E.

What I've read (I haven't open the SC2 by myself):
The version 1 Skycontroller 2's battery is a rectangle layered 2-cell 2S 7.4 volt 2700mAh LiPo pack.
If you have 6,4V each cell has 3.2V. That's the absolute minimum before the cells are destroyed internal.
Could you try to charge the SC2 with the included charger? I'm not aware how the charging circuit looks like, so I didn't know, if you can connect an external lipo charger direct on the Lipo or not (because in the worst case you can destroy some thing in the circuit, if you don't separate the Lipo from the electronic)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar