Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hoi Ha Bay Marine Park

Beautiful, warm weather and warm water
very nice!
Thanks. It was too hot for outing in July-August here. But my Anafi is acting up lately so I have to drop by Parrot today.

That's too bad about anafi acting up
what issues are you having
8 days ago, it started automatically gaining altitude and refuse all my commands in a remote island. I had to disconnect to gain the control. 2 days ago it refused to land with strong signal interference in the remote marine park. I have 600 flights with Anafi since July 2018. I have to ask Parrot to flash it with their special flashing tools from time to time when Anafi starts acting up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRC
Interesting, I have been having some similar issues with my anafi. mid flight is said there were signal issues. I went to land and was a foot off the ground then it just kept hopping up and down until it flipped over and turned off.... very weird

Sidd

Interesting, I have been having some similar issues with my anafi. mid flight is said there were signal issues. I went to land and was a foot off the ground then it just kept hopping up and down until it flipped over and turned off.... very weird

Sidd
Parrot Asia has checked my flight logs and found no errors so I dropped by their office today and discussed with potential issues with engineers. In stead of quick flashing with Parrot tools, they said they need to fully check the Anafi and SKC3 for potential loose antenna connections. Let's see what they will find.

Interesting that Parrot where you are has the ability to use a flashing tool. Parrot USA does not have such a tool and will just tell you to exchange it or your out of luck.

Interesting that Parrot where you are has the ability to use a flashing tool. Parrot USA does not have such a tool and will just tell you to exchange it or your out of luck.
Parrot Asia (Hong Kong) seldom exchange it, they try to repair as long as possible. I know they have a special flashing tool which has fixed gimbal errors and other issues of my Anafi in the past.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Excellent. Wish we had all those options.Especially being able to walk into Parrot and say Hey my Anafi is sick please fix it. :)

Reactions: taike
Kind of strange that this issue pops up more than once and the need for repeated flashing is done. Sounds like the firmware is not very stable. Just kind of odd I think.

Sidd

Kind of strange that this issue pops up more than once and the need for repeated flashing is done. Sounds like the firmware is not very stable. Just kind of odd I think.

Sidd
Parrot has found one of antenna modules on the ANAFI was disconnected and they have replaced it with a new module, saying some strong vibrations can cause this. I did fly in the gust and the ANAFI keep spinning around hard, which may cause the severe vibrations.

After I picked up from Parrot, I've done a quick test flight near my home over the weekend and the ANAFI got out of control with emergency landing into the sea... Here's the reply from Parrot Monday morning:

"I've checked on the flight record, it's really weird. The Anafi kept emergency landing while battery still at 80%, without respond to any command from SKC3. I'm not sure what went wrong. I will provide you a replacement Anafi with battery, please also bring with SKC3, it will be exchanged as well just in case the accident could be caused by it.

The replacement Anafi will be ready by tomorrow."

Parrot has provided me a demo unit on technical department with brand-new battery and controller.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Wow
After I picked up from Parrot, I've done a quick test flight near my home over the weekend and the ANAFI got out of control with emergency landing into the sea... Here's the reply from Parrot Monday morning:

"I've checked on the flight record, it's really weird. The Anafi kept emergency landing while battery still at 80%, without respond to any command from SKC3. I'm not sure what went wrong. I will provide you a replacement Anafi with battery, please also bring with SKC3, it will be exchanged as well just in case the accident could be caused by it.

The replacement Anafi will be ready by tomorrow."

Parrot has provided me a demo unit on technical department with brand-new battery and controller.
I would say that is outstanding customer support - quick and painless
with some explanation as to what went wrong - but no clear answer why

I think ANAFI has some unknown control related glitches under some conditions. One of my best ANAFI buddies has lost control of his ANAFI several time over the ocean while observing finless porpoise. After 10th ANAFI, he has switched to Mavic Mini cos it's stealth enough to get close to finless porpoise.

I really like the ANAFI but some of the ongoing strangeness always makes me worried something will go bad. I already had one crash out of the blue after a software upgrade. And I am not flying like a madman either. Because of that I rarely go above 100ft as I am always expecting the worst.

sidd

Another buddy has lost his ANAFI yesterday - out of control emergency landing into the sea along the shore with enough battery left. He's a long time Parrot advocate. 3 similar accidents over 3 days are alarming. I have to decide I go for the ANAFI or EVO on my kayak island hopping tomorrow......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar