Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Honest feedback about DJI Mini from Parrot Anafi users

LT Black

Reaction score
I am looking for some honest feedback from Parrot Anafi owners that has or has had a DJI mini 2 or 3 please. Ideally looking for a compreshensive list of pros and cons and whether you had the anafi first then got or DJI or vice versa and why.

I think the only way you can answer this currently is to advise to go with DJI. They all have their pro's and con's, and I really like my Anafi, just so simple to fly.

That said, these days with Parrot dropping support for us, excluding Anafi USA, I would say go DJI.
I have the Anafi, plus Mini 2 and Mini 3. The Mini 3 is an astonishing piece of technical engineering, fantastic bit of kit that makes the Anafi feel very dated now.

Parrot have not provided any support for us for the last couple of years, really since they brought out the Anafi USA. It was a bit of a kick in the teeth for us, it was as if they were saying "You served you purpose as test dummies, now bugger off".

For the support reason only, I would never go Parrot again. They showed their true colours, which is a shame as the Anafi could have been developed into something market leading.

Of course, these are my personal opinions.

The only reason I hang onto my Anafi is for waypoints. Since my Mini 3 will not have them for some time and my Air 2S uses virtual sticks The Anafi does a better video in waypoint mode. Other then that its crap compared to the Mini 3 and light years behind the Air 2S.

I was trying to be more diplomatic Agustine :) But you are not wrong!!!, cant remember last time I took the Anafi out of its case, which is a real shame. If Parrot had listened and looked forward, they would still have a good following. Bye Bye Parrot

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I think the only way you can answer this currently is to advise to go with DJI. They all have their pro's and con's, and I really like my Anafi, just so simple to fly.

That said, these days with Parrot dropping support for us, excluding Anafi USA, I would say go DJI.
I have the Anafi, plus Mini 2 and Mini 3. The Mini 3 is an astonishing piece of technical engineering, fantastic bit of kit that makes the Anafi feel very dated now.

Parrot have not provided any support for us for the last couple of years, really since they brought out the Anafi USA. It was a bit of a kick in the teeth for us, it was as if they were saying "You served you purpose as test dummies, now bugger off".

For the support reason only, I would never go Parrot again. They showed their true colours, which is a shame as the Anafi could have been developed into something market leading.

Of course, these are my personal opinions.
Thanks for the reply, is there anything on the Anafi, not available on the mini's and what made you get the mini 3 while already owning the mini 2 ?

The only reason I hang onto my Anafi is for waypoints. Since my Mini 3 will not have them for some time and my Air 2S uses virtual sticks The Anafi does a better video in waypoint mode. Other then that its crap compared to the Mini 3 and light years behind the Air 2S.
thank you agustine, would you say the mini 3 is value for money and has the mini3 excedded your expectaion. I am not sure what virtual sticks is or what you mean it does a better video in waypoint?

thank you agustine, would you say the mini 3 is value for money and has the mini3 excedded your expectaion. I am not sure what virtual sticks is or what you mean it does a better video in waypoint?
The Mini 3 is still just a toy drone in my opinion. It does produce very nice photos and videos but it is a very stable drone in high winds. It is under the weight limit in most countries which is a bonus. Virtual sticks is what is used on all DJI drones that has the Flyapp. They stopped making native waypoints for there drones unless it was a enterprise drone which really sucks as virtual sticks means video is very jerky to the point it is not useable in any video with litchi. (Litchi software)

Reactions: Skydreamer
I think if you look at various forums and YouTube, Mini 3 has exceeded most people's expectations.
The new controller in my opinion is fantastic, means you can be up and running quickly, and very viewable in the UK sunshine.

Yes definitely the best so far. Many are saying the camera is on par, if not better than the Mavic 3, and great flying time.

Worth every penny in my books.

I am thinking about buying the Mini3, but just get not get information how DJI handles no internet - all of my flights are conducted with no internet available, and I refuse to use a hotspot from my phone to provide internet.

I am thinking about buying the Mini3, but just get not get information how DJI handles no internet - all of my flights are conducted with no internet available, and I refuse to use a hotspot from my phone to provide internet.
Not sure what you would need internet for? Maybe to unlock a restricked zone but you could do that at home before going to fly.

I still use my Anafi with waypoints because of nice integration. Range stinks as does support. I like the Mini 3 Pro however, I am always very careful when going out. I check wind multiple times. I have had two flyaways with the Mini series because of wind. The RTH is useless if you get caught in strong unexpected wind. You have to be careful.

I still use Anafi if I am trying to record a summer storms no flyaways since 2018 . I also do not feel as bad if I loose it.

Thanks for the replies, comments and feedback. Please send more. I d imagine there are lot of anafi users that have or are thing of getting mini?

Yes, I will be digging deeper on DJI forums, however, I am most keen to hear from people that have or have had the Anafi, especially people on this forum, as you can provide and compare the Anafi and the DJI mini-series. I am very cautious about youtube videos as most YouTubers (well the ones youtube recommends) have a vested interest in promoting said drones and/or have received from DJI for marketing reasons.

I am keen to hear from others what they do not like about the DJI mini (2 or 3). I see several of you have mentioned waypoints for example, which is something I use a lot on the Anafi and surprised DJI have not nailed that?. I also use the follow me tracking using my bike, which I think the Anafi is brilliant at. I am very shocked to hear the mini2 only has tracking if you use a litchi/3d party app or am I wrong?

I would also like to know what you like most about the DJI MINI 2/3

If any of you have the new controller, can tell me what the benefit of using it is over the normal controller with a phone, eg what can it do that you cant do with the normal controller and phone app, again keen to hear from Anafi owners as that's all we have ever known. I cant help but think i'd be way better off spending the extra money the controller costs on spare batteries (DJI MINI 3)

Something I was keen on with DJI mini (not sure if it applies to all DJI drones) is the speed at which you can transfer files from the drone to your phone, something that is horrendously slow on the Anafi. This is something I am partucaulrly intrested in as I could then send the files straight to my server while in the field, but how would that work with the new controller?

No do not get me wrong, I too feel Parrot, gave its customers the middle finger, but the anafi does do a lot of things, I am surprised the mini 2/3 doesnt. I will not get rid of my anafi but am keen on getting a DJI mini 2/3(leaning toward the mini3 ), from my limited research some of things I do like about the DJI Mini

The new camera - better sensor and video modes - although I think they wasted time with a vertical camera...
the ability shoot panoramas in RAW
the support
obtaining spare parts and accesories
software support

thanks

-

The biggest thing anyone considering buying a Parrot Anafi is there is Zero support for it. Parts sometimes can be found on Ebay or a UK web site but no guarantee you will find the part you need. Even if you do finding someone with knowledge to rebuild it is another problem. Trust me Anafis is not for someone with big fingers and bad eye sight to work on. Just for the very fact that Parrot has walked away from any kind of support for the Anafi and seems they are not doing so well with their enterprise models as many have complained they payed well over $6000 for the Ai and cannot get parrot to help. To me its a no brainer to stay away from anything Parrot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame