Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you connect tablet to Skycontroller Black using Micro USB?

Birb Activist

Reaction score
I read somewhere that turning on airplane mode on the device you use for the Parrot Bebop 2 can increase the range a bit. I was able to do it once when I first got my Bebop 2 but since then I've just connected it via Wi-Fi. So, when I tried it again, Freeflight Pro doesn't recognize the Skycontroller so nothing happens. But, my tablet does say it has been connected as a Multimedia Device.

Sorry if this would be in the wrong category.

If using the big skycontroller whether it's the older Sc1 or newer black edition it connects by means of wifi. Actually 5 ghz. The usb port can be used to update SC or power your tablet. Open wifi on tablet and look for skycontroller

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If using the newer skycontroller 2 then you need to use cord that cane with it. Not all usb cords are created equal [emoji3] some made strictly to charge and others will charge and data transfer.

And last but, not least, when using SC 2 if using a cellular device it's best to turn airplane mode on and turn off wifi and the device will connect by means of usb as long as ffpro app is available. The controller will connect to drone you will have wifi interference if your device wifi connect to drone as well as your sc. Signal way better.

If using the big skycontroller whether it's the older Sc1 or newer black edition it connects by means of wifi. Actually 5 ghz. The usb port can be used to update SC or power your tablet. Open wifi on tablet and look for skycontroller

I how to connect it and everything, I use it at least once a week, and the cable has a data lane in it, and what I basically meant is to connect it through USB to the controller and not through Wi-Fi. I have been able to do this a year ago when I first got it but I can't now.

Be specific about which controller?
72e5aca03afc3906b927b82e8615fd81.jpg
6093e66240f131e7020801c9b599b59a.jpg

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I said the Skycontroller Black Edition. The first one, that does not come with the FPV kit.
This one:
51yOZcsb7kL._SX425_.jpg

I said the Skycontroller Black Edition. The first one, that does not come with the FPV kit.
This one:
51yOZcsb7kL._SX425_.jpg
Gotcha. Now the Blue 1 in my picture just older model but, boosted.. it's same as the black edition.. there is no way to connect the tablet to controller via usb or micro usb. Those ports are for everything but, that. Now hdmi if you have Fat Shark fpv.. you probably did what I did when I was using that controller at first, assumed it was connected using cord but, really it's using the wifi on your tablet. The usb port will only charge your tab nothing more. Your tablet needs connected via Skycontroller xxxxx? Whatever the numbers might be in 5ghz... do not connect wifi from tablet to drone.. the controller will establish that connection.. Your lucky no fly ways. Always make sure that SC black edition is up to date too.

Gotcha. Now the Blue 1 in my picture just older model but, boosted.. it's same as the black edition.. there is no way to connect the tablet to controller via usb or micro usb. Those ports are for everything but, that. Now hdmi if you have Fat Shark fpv.. you probably did what I did when I was using that controller at first, assumed it was connected using cord but, really it's using the wifi on your tablet. The usb port will only charge your tab nothing more. Your tablet needs connected via Skycontroller xxxxx? Whatever the numbers might be in 5ghz... do not connect wifi from tablet to drone.. the controller will establish that connection.. Your lucky no fly ways. Always make sure that SC black edition is up to date too.

I've also made 1,515 meters using blue sc1 no problem at all. Now boosted dual 2.4ghz EsunRc boosters with stock antenna in a hi populated wifi neighborhood 2,400 meters and with those antennas I had to return to home after 2.9miles due to battery life.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame