Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How much is an Anafi worth with all current problems?

I think parrot just need to open things up a bit more, most consumers wouldn't want to go in depth with things anyway and would be happy to just leave things alone but I for one enjoy tinkering and if I am to make a mistake I take it on the chin and accept it as been my own fault.
I used to like playing with DJI assistant where you could get a lot more understanding of how the drone was setup and easily change parameters to adjust flight characteristics.

I definitely am not a dji supporter, nor am I a hater, My preference if I could afford it would be the fimi x8se, I have had several Xiaomi phones and find that although they are cheaper the quality is great.
I always like to support the underdogs.
If these FCC channels stay put I will have no reason to purchase another drone anyway.
I love the look of the Anafi it just looks different to a stereotypical drone, the way it flies, the camera, the gimbal, I also really like the app.
I don't recommend the Fimi drone. She is in a very early stage with a lot of childhood illnesses. I looked at a lot of tests and I wouldn't buy it.
The tester said that the bugfixed firmware should have been released, but they didn't.
Whatever drone you buy, there will always be some bug or weakness. You need to find the weakness (and drone) you can live with ...
The more money, the less weakness, but the more worry in flight ...

I think now I've managed to solve this FCC issue I'll keep the Anafi.
Battery life is a major plus point for the Anafi, I actually got 27mins the last time I flew it which I was very impressed with, granted I did let the battery go a little low but it didn't cause any issues and has charged fine afterwards.

Ahh you read my post, I am yet to go to sleep, I've been awake all through the night trying every possible way and eventually managed to get FCC channels, just a shame I can't give anyone any directions as I tried that many different methods I have no idea what eventually worked.
If the update was 1.6.3 ---> 1.6.5 then the solution is that it was not closed for CE. Someone had already written it and it worked for him.
However, I am not updating from 1.6.3 because the security of battery management has not been clarified. The falls from the sky are suspicious ...

I think now I've managed to solve this FCC issue I'll keep the Anafi.
Battery life is a major plus point for the Anafi, I actually got 27mins the last time I flew it which I was very impressed with, granted I did let the battery go a little low but it didn't cause any issues and has charged fine afterwards.
This is not an immediate problem, but a factor affecting life.

Beautiful simulated pictures, not drone photos ... Reality is not so beautiful ...

The comparison videos on YouTube are pretty bad indeed.. But still, 5KM range is nothing to scoff about! (probably will be in reality 500m urban flight in CE mode :-D )

I
The comparison videos on YouTube are pretty bad indeed.. But still, 5KM range is nothing to scoff about! (probably will be in reality 500m urban flight in CE mode :-D )
th

I think I saw a video somewhere and it was about 700m urban, I don't think it has an FCC/CE mode as such I think it's similar to the hubsans, my zino pro used to give me 2km out still with full signal and 2km back, I could have gone a lot further but the battery wouldn't allow it that's why they created a 5000mah battery for it so you could achieve its 8km round trip range.

The things I like about it is the range, the controller is supposed to be very good also.
Have you physically seen/held one before if so what were your impressions?
I was watching a video tester of my compatriot (tester). He had the impression that it was possible, but there were many unresolved software firmware weaknesses. Xiaomi Fimi is not a drone manufacturer like DJI or Parrot. The customer service may be missing ...

Ah I see what you mean, yes I'll have to keep a more watchful eye on my battery level in future. I probably just got carried away having fun. I generally try to land them earlier than that.

I

th

I think I saw a video somewhere and it was about 700m urban, I don't think it has an FCC/CE mode as such I think it's similar to the hubsans, my zino pro used to give me 2km out still with full signal and 2km back, I could have gone a lot further but the battery wouldn't allow it that's why they created a 5000mah battery for it so you could achieve its 8km round trip range.

I think it's possible that you would rather build/design your own drone. As the distance and exploring aspect appears to be the main driver for your hobby.

With a self-built drone there will never be a CE of FCC limitation nor a firmware update, the distance is set by the antennas which you yourself choose and install. There are different flight computers as well, I think you could have one which resembled the flight controls of a anafi/dji drone, with hover and auto altitude and such

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut