Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to avoid charging of battery of device from SC3?

Ivan Kaltchev

Reaction score
Hi,
Each time when I connect my SkyController 3 to mobile device by USB cable the Android showing that start process of charging of the battery of the device from the controller. Each time I try to choose other option for USB connection, but it seems that Android avoid them and return back to charging. In my opinion this action is not expected, because the internal battery of the controller should be use for flights of Anafi but not as power bank! In this case the power of the internal battery of the controller is running out faster without any adequate reason! I tried to use power bank during the flights and it is work properly, but the indicator for internal battery of the controller showing always 100%, which can not be correct.

Some suggestions how to avoid using the battery of SC as power bank for device?

The issue is always discussed in the forum :
It's a normal behavior and Parrott has give the statement, that the battery in the SC3 has the capacity for that.
You can:
* live with that (Works as designed) and charged all devices before flight to 100%
* make an USB cable Hardware Mod (resistor into the Pluswire)
* or, in case of rooted device, use the app Battery charge Limit

The video says to cut the ground (black), others mention the positive wire +5V (red) before to add the resistor.
Can anyone confirm it is the ground that needs to be modded ?

The video says to cut the ground (black), others mention the positive wire +5V (red) before to add the resistor.
Can anyone confirm it is the ground that needs to be modded ?
The answer is here:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood