Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I just wanna scream .....

Reaction score
I just lost my 4th Bebop 2. I keep falling ( no pun intended ) for this drone.I buy them refurbished. I already have a Spark with no issues. With the BP2, I use it for recon missions on my property & neighbors. We're out in the country & it's all woods & farmland. I had great success using flight plan for a lil while, but for some oddball reason, the drones started not coming back. I tested each one in the yard using gps settings as I received them and all is well. When actually doing a 6 min flight. ... poof !` The gps icon shows where they might be somewhat nearby, but I don't trust it. I looked hard for one that showed it nearby, but with no luck finding. The terrian is quite brushy underneath the canopy, so there's no way. I can't even get a view on my screen when I drove around, which makes me believe they're long gone. My wife is so mad at me. uggh.

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
I just lost my 4th Bebop 2. I keep falling ( no pun intended ) for this drone.I buy them refurbished. I already have a Spark with no issues. With the BP2, I use it for recon missions on my property & neighbors. We're out in the country & it's all woods & farmland. I had great success using flight plan for a lil while, but for some oddball reason, the drones started not coming back. I tested each one in the yard using gps settings as I received them and all is well. When actually doing a 6 min flight. ... poof !` The gps icon shows where they might be somewhat nearby, but I don't trust it. I looked hard for one that showed it nearby, but with no luck finding. The terrian is quite brushy underneath the canopy, so there's no way. I can't even get a view on my screen when I drove around, which makes me believe they're long gone. My wife is so mad at me. uggh.
Can't you use the Spark to check the canopies, in case you see them from up top?

Reactions: Kilrah
That's the first thing I did. No luck. I even kept doing it thinking , the BB2 would be ahead of its last position since it was a good 160 M in the air at last positioning , and might have had a good arc coming downl, but nothing. Three straight flights on almost the same route.. It followed course in the yard so well before I sent it on a recon mission. It;s like it lost connection soon after take off & I was sure to have GPS activated on take off.

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
Get the Trackimo GPS tracker and velcro on device or secure with large tie wrap and velro I have been using for about 2 years now on my Inspir 1 Mavic 2 and Bebop 2 and Disco

were you flying WiFi, or in Airplane mode. I live on the water an i am real shy to fly WiFi, so i turn on Airplane mode and wait till i get 2 greens. i havent checked, buy when i get the telementry back, its got red, yellow green lines. on my flight. i called an parrot told me that RED meant NO GPS signal, YELLOW meant 2-4 satellites, an GREEN meant 6-8 satelates or more.Bebop_2_2019-07-25T173931-0500_8BE249.jpg

I’m feeling your pain... first drone, first flight... refurbish bebop 2... gone after 17 minuets of use... ??‍♂️

Listen...this is just an observation...you might want to stay away from the refurbs. ?

Either that or tie a fishing line and reel them back.

I wonder if they are trying to go back to France? ?

• Haha
Reactions: Moondawg
Sorry to hear of you recent drone loss, and 4th to boot,

Before using a tracker, I’ve lost 4 drones two bebop 2 and two bebop 1. Been using Trackimo little over a year now and three times it’s prevented another drone loss due to disconnect, use trackimo with all my my bebop 2 and with Mavic 2 Pro.

With bebop 2, I use a zip tie to hold trackers in place. The zip tie are reusable and slip over the tracker tightly, wiggle in place wiggle out to remove. Enough tightness tension to secure tracker, so I’m not always replacing zip ties.

Get a tracker, will save you a bundle and give you peace of mind.

Good luck,
Paul

A77C0925-56F5-406B-B5E0-A2A5480819E3.jpegView attachment 2536View attachment 2537

Last edited:
Agreed been using Trackimo for several years on all my larger drones Inspire Mavic Bebop 2 and Disco to much weight for Anafi..

Another trick I use when over water/snow install 2.5" foam balls on legs this enough to keep drone above surface. (not enought to hold about Inspire however works fine on Bebop 2 and Mavic

Do you hear a shotgun blast just before you lose track of the drone? :)

That's kinda funny, but no. It is something I have on my mind when I am flying just the same. I'm just now remembering to look back in here after all this time. I still can't figure out what went wrong. I didn't think to mention this earlier,& forgot about this, but the one thing I did with each drone was place a patch of velcro tape up on top so I could attach a strobe light . I never had a problem with that & there wasn't a strobe attached when these went mia, but I wonder if that tape could have blocked the GPS somehow. I flew numerous times with the tape beforehand with no issues, but I just can't figure out why all this happened.

I use strobes on all my drones to get direction. The Bebop 2 GPS is above the camera in cowl. It would take a lot of shielding to mess it up. I always attach on top of batteries on Parrot BB2 and Anafi never had problems .Quads tend to adjust there CG automatically.

Good luck

Welllll guess what. After all this time, I have recovered 3 of my Bebops this weekend. In fairness to technology, I will admit it was all my fault. The very 1st one, I'll never recover because I know it's in unpenetrable deep woods, probably up in a tree. The others.... 1st one of those crashed in a hayfield. I even walked within 50 yards of it without seeing it. I found out thru a third person just recently, that my somewhat neighbor who knew I had lost it after contacting him, found it & I was able to get it back Saturday. I was also able to review the video flight & gave me an idea where my other Bebops probably crashed, both in a cornfield. My constant adjustments brought the drones too low & they clipped the cornstalks. Based on my guesstimates, I found both drones within an hour after entering the big field. They were both upside down and quite dirty. After over a month of solitude, all three started right up ! I can't believe how lucky I was. I found the other two yesterday. It was the only thing that made sense after viewing that video & I wanted to get in before the combines rolled over them.

All & all , I'm an idiot, but this does restore my faith in the technology just the same.

Beware of low flight! There are an awful lot of dead pilots who disregarded that admonition from their Flight Instructor! :eek:
One real nice thing about drones is that the crash won't hurt you except in the wallet. ;)

Oh, and congrats on your retrieve!

Congratulations locating three of your four downed Bebop 2, That’s terrific news!

You’re set for many continuous hours of joy, I’m very happy for you.

Congrats again!
Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian