Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I Noticed Strange Behavior Since I updated from firmware version 1.6.8 to 1.7.3

For the iPad problem, I guess you have the ‘Normal WiFi iPad mini version’ and it is NOT equipped with a GPS.
So the controller (that doesn’t have a GPS but needs a phone or a tablet with a GPS to catch the signal) will say ‘No GPS’ or icon red in the app.
This is perfectly normal.
Thanks for confirming that and yes it's just a regular Wi-Fi mini no mobile connection

Reactions: MustangPhil
It keeps on asking me for Battery updates but I never did that. Also I am using the mod FCC FF6 V6.6.9 app which is quite stable and hassle free !!

Again, maybe someone is learning from it: Don’t upgrade if you don’t have problems!
The last 5 firmware are all faulty (or at least did not resolve the shutdown drones coming with the 1.6.4 battery update)
I'm staying on the last good firmware: 1.6.3 ... I have no problems ...

Well now there are a lot more Anafi's up flying around with the latest firmware then there is Anafi's crashed to the ground. If you hang around the different forums for DJI, Autel and Yuneec just to mention a few you will also see posts like Oh my it just dropped from the sky. It happens to them all. Perhaps a little more to the Anafi but many of us have no problems and mine was bought the very first day they came out and I have upgraded firmware every time it was available .

Reactions: jspg
Well now there are a lot more Anafi's up flying around with the latest firmware then there is Anafi's crashed to the ground. If you hang around the different forums for DJI, Autel and Yuneec just to mention a few you will also see posts like Oh my it just dropped from the sky. It happens to them all. Perhaps a little more to the Anafi but many of us have no problems and mine was bought the very first day they came out and I have upgraded firmware every time it was available .
I agree I have DJI and Yuneec drones and you basically see the same situations elsewhere. I'm hoping that in my case not attaining any GPS satellites was due to the location I was in and the interference I experienced was due to real WIFI interference in the area, not the firmware recently updated.

Problems do occur everywhere indeed, but the weird thing that happened to the Anafi firmware recently: 1.6.4 closed CE-FCC mode due to an error, this was fixed but there was an error that did not connect to the server during the update and then the batteries were updated which caused further falls. Each update is another surprise ... And the real problem is that there is NO FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE !!!
The same thing happened with my DJI Spark: for a long time they brought improvements and function extensions, but the last 3-4 updates only brought reduced range, stuttering live image, remote control brick.
But there if the firmware didn't work, I grabbed and downgraded the firmware. I’m back to the last one that worked well (and still works with it now).
This is a very big difference!

Last edited:
Yep. Are you saying that you downgraded the firmware on the Anafi? How? On a recent flight where I had cell and GPS connection on my phone the Anafi would not connect to any GPS satellites 0 this was a wide-open rural area but I decided not to fly. Disappointment. I wonder if this has anything to do with the latest firmware. I am on the latest version.

Gipsz Jakab is referring to his dji spark in regards to downgrading FW, not the Anafi.

I am still on 1.6.8 with no issues aside from stopping for a second at waypoints (does not transition smoothly/continuously)

Last edited:
Yep. Are you saying that you downgraded the firmware on the Anafi? How? On a recent flight where I had cell and GPS connection on my phone the Anafi would not connect to any GPS satellites 0 this was a wide-open rural area but I decided not to fly. Disappointment. I wonder if this has anything to do with the latest firmware. I am on the latest version.
No! (as Flightjunkie says)
I said Anafi has no downgrade! (highlighted later)
That’s why I stayed with 1.6W FW because I don’t have a chance to downgrade if something doesn’t work the way I like it.
1.6.3 FW works for me, there is no bug that I should update ...