Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I pulled the trigger

macoman

Reaction score
I just bought a bepop 2 power FPV edition with the goggles and can't wait to try it.

I have a fleet of aircrafts... Xiaomi 4k drone, mavic pro platinum and the bepop 2 power.

I am not attached to a particular brand. If I found an interesting drone, I will get it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome! I haven't flown the Bepop 2 but if it is like my other three Parrots (Mambo, Swing & Anafi), I think you'll be impressed! I saw a lot of good reviews of the Bepop 2 when I was looking for my Anafi! In fact, I've been looking at picking up a discounted/refurbished Bepop 1 to play with. I guess I am kinda of a brand loyalist and are probably little biased! I think Parrot makes a great product. This forum is a great place to come if you have any questions or issues. I've only been here for a very short time myself but the members are extremely helpful and friendly. Again, Welcome to the forum! Fly Parrot!

Reactions: macoman
Welcome! I haven't flown the Bepop 2 but if it is like my other three Parrots (Mambo, Swing & Anafi), I think you'll be impressed! I saw a lot of good reviews of the Bepop 2 when I was looking for my Anafi! In fact, I've been looking at picking up a discounted/refurbished Bepop 1 to play with. I guess I am kinda of a brand loyalist and are probably little biased! I think Parrot makes a great product. This forum is a great place to come if you have any questions or issues. I've only been here for a very short time myself but the members are extremely helpful and friendly. Again, Welcome to the forum! Fly Parrot!
Thank you for the warm welcome. This is going to be my first parrot product. The reason I bought it is because of the deal of two batteries and the goggles. The reviews online are very positive.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: VonZipper
Glad to have you macoman!

Yeah, it's a great drone! I was on the fence between the Anafi and Bebop 2 but went with the Anafi because of the 4K camera. However, my kids just suprised me tonight for my Birthday with a Bepob 2! So now, I've got the best drones Parrot makes, i guess!

I didn't come with the skycontroller, so I've got to find one. I wonder if the Flypads or the Skycontroller3 will work with the Bebop 2? Otherwise, I'll have to find a Skycontroller 1 or 2? I saw a Skycontroller 2 on Amazon for $100 earlier. I'll start looking around on E-bay as well.

flypad and Sc3 don’t work with the bebop at the moment.

Both bebops and the disco ( and I guess the bluegrass with the sequoia sensor $$$$ ) will work with the sc1 or 2.

so far sc3 only works with anafi.

Reactions: macoman
Congratulations with getting the Bebop2 Power, it’s a major step above a regular bebop 2 due to the battery. Flight time will be about the same as your Mavic Platinum, that alone is worth the upgrade from a regular bebop 2.

I too recently purchased a Bebop 2 Power with two power battery FPV edition, but it’s used was crashed with a busted camera. Mounted in a camera, she flies and looks new again.

Does yours have the follow-me feature. I don’t know if parrot includes this feature with the Power model but mine already had it when it arrived, really like it a lot especially with it having the follow-me feature. Have several other bebop 2 models, probably spent 2-3 hours a week flying them.

Congrats,
Paul

I've been flying my Bebop 2 Power and pretty much have no complains; its awesome. If it was foldable, i wouldn't replace with anytime soon!

What do you think of the bebop 2 power compared to your Mavic pro? I'm kinda new and I bought a Mavic pro but as soon as it arrived I started seeing deals for the bebop. Due to work I haven't had time to touch the Mavic yet, so I had considered sending it back. I actually posted this in the Mavic forums and you can probably guess the answer I got there but I'm curious to hear from somebody on the other side so to speak. The bebop seemed like it would be a better first done (mainly because of cost) while the Mavic struck me as a better... long term investment I guess you could say. It kinda has me torn. I wish I could have both.

Think of it this way, Mavic Pro=Lexus......Bebop 2 Power=Hyundai. The Bebop 2 Power is a great drone but not as great as the Mavic Pro, hence the price difference.

What do you think of the bebop 2 power compared to your Mavic pro? I'm kinda new and I bought a Mavic pro but as soon as it arrived I started seeing deals for the bebop. Due to work I haven't had time to touch the Mavic yet, so I had considered sending it back. I actually posted this in the Mavic forums and you can probably guess the answer I got there but I'm curious to hear from somebody on the other side so to speak. The bebop seemed like it would be a better first done (mainly because of cost) while the Mavic struck me as a better... long term investment I guess you could say. It kinda has me torn. I wish I could have both.

I own both, several Parrot models including bebop 2 Power and a Mavic 2 Pro. Parrot Bebop 2 Power is s good model, for upclose flying (within 2 miles) it’s pretty good. Also, Power battery last longer than Mavic Pro longer flight time with a power battery. About the same flight time as a Mavic 2 Pro, 25-29 minutes.

Mavic Pro is better hands down, and the Mavic 2 Pro even better. I enjoy both, up close flying Power is fun. Most of my Parrot Bebop 2 models are modified to fly in areas with inference, both Sky Controller 2 and bebop 2 models are boosted.

Currently, the bebop 2 Power is the only bebop still stock. If you’re after long range flying, stay with the Mavic.

Happy flying,
Paul41CAFAFD-846B-4967-B36D-08E937D06E7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Man...you got a few drones huh?

Suprisinly, these do add up quickly. Most of these are build up from parts, picked up a good deal on mother boards both Bebop 1 and Bebop 2. Someone on Craigslist had a box full of Bebop 1 parts and eBay supplied the bebop 2 parts.
Probably stop with these, enjoy the tinkering part of this wonderful hobby.

Take care,
Paul

You can get a refurbed Bebop 2 with Skycontroller and Fpv gogs for 290$ That's where I bought mine from. Exept that I bought for 219$ I have no probelms with it. Looks completely new too. Dodn't see a difference between refurb and the brand new one. Heres the link - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Parrot-B...ite-Certified-Certified-Refurbished/425654515
I just bought a bebop2 power edition used it was $359 on eBay from adorma camera store but it had a offer so I bid $225 lol and won

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut