Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Imax B6 Charger with LiPo and LiHV Batteries

SkyFly

Reaction score
Anyone on this forum have any experience using the Imax B6 charger with the standard LiPo and LiHV batteries?
Please post the good, bad and ugly..... Thanks.

Thanks for the post. Do you use the Imax B6 Charger on the standard Parrot LiPo battery or the Parrot LiHV? I constructed the charging cable and plan to use it on the Parrot LiHV battery. I have used the Imax B6 charger on other batteries with good results but not on the Parrot LiPo or LiHV. I am interested in how the standard Imax B6 charger would work on the Parrot LiHV battery. Thanks.

Thanks for the post. Do you use the Imax B6 Charger on the standard Parrot LiPo battery or the Parrot LiHV? I constructed the charging cable and plan to use it on the Parrot LiHV battery. I have used the Imax B6 charger on other batteries with good results but not on the Parrot LiPo or LiHV. I am interested in how the standard Imax B6 charger would work on the Parrot LiHV battery. Thanks.

I've only been using it on Parrot LiPo batteries...bought off ebay and found out it was fake made by another company in China...so far have had no problems with it....charges 100% balance charges and i use it for storage charging....

Thanks, mine is the copy to but I have had no problems using it with other LiPo batteries. Using a balance charger will extend the life of the battery. Not sure though how it will work on LiHV batteries. I know it will not charge them to a full charge but don't see it damaging them. I am going to try it out. I'll post the results.

If you have a choice for LiHV in the settings then it'll work, otherwise it'll be in lipo mode and won't charge them fully but that's the only drawback. Don't believe the B6 has LiHV unless that's changed or some copies have been "upgraded".

Don't really see the point though.

Thanks for the post. Some of the newer Imax B6 chargers have been upgraded to support charging the LiHV batteries. Mine is one of the earlier ones without the LiHV charging upgrade. It'll work, but like you said, it will not fully charge the batteries.

I have a copy "house brand" of this charger. It's several years old and I don't think it has the capability to charge LiHV batteries. It does work very well to charge the bebop 2 lipo batteries though.
Which battery is the LiHV battery?
Is it the one in the skycontroller?
Or are the newer bebop 2 "power edition" batteries LiHV instead of lipo?
Also, from reading previous posts here, it's ok to charge LiHV batteries in lipo mode but they will not fully charge. Is this correct?

The LiHV is the Bebop 2 Power Battery. Parrot has been shipping the Bebop 2 FPV with the LiHV batteries and the power charger. The LiHV is the battery for the drone not the Skycontroller. It is correct that you can charge the LiHV batteries with a standard LiPo charger but they will not charge to their full capacity. What it should amount to is shorter flight times, but increased battery life. It works for me. I do not keep my drone in the air for 25 minutes anyway. I want to make sure there is enough power left in the battery for a safe return and landing. A couple of spare batteries give me plenty of flight time.

Skyfly,
I have sent my kit in to be replaced so I'll see what battery they send with the new one. I have 2 aftermarket batteries. Are they "power" batteries? When I charge them, they show 100% on the skycontroller.20190120_201437.jpg

Thanks Kilrah
So, the regular battery (non power) is 11.1v.
What v is the power battery?

The Bebop 2 power battery is 11.4 V . "Bebop2 Power" will be printed on the battery.

Note that a 3rd party knockoff may or may not label things similarly, or correctly for that matter.

Note that a 3rd party knockoff may or may not label things similarly, or correctly for that matter.

They may not mark everything the same, but I would think at the least they would have to have the voltage marked correctly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut