Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In flight twitching

RedDeviluk

Reaction score

Hi All, can you have a look at this video please. I was out flying the other day, windless day, no other WiFi in the area. I've flown here countless times before with no issues.

There's two videos, but both clearly show what appears to be an Anafi climax when the whole drone flicked left and right for no reason. I'm in the video so line of sight and no real distance.

In both cases I was literally pressing forward to bring it back home, no bird strikes, no gusts, just confidence stealing strange behaviour.

I was in sport mode both times. Nothing shown in the flight log, nothing on Airdata showing... Just this.

Any ideas?

HELP!

Cheers,

Rich

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have had similar experiences recently. Perhaps it is something in a recent update. I had twitches when the drone was 2 km away, that wasn't pleasant at all. The twitches happened on both manual and Flight Plan flights. I have two Anafis so I switched over to the other one expecting to see that didn't do the same, but it did. The twitches are annoying but they haven't endangered a flight, yet. But if I was flying with tighter margins, closer to obstacles, such twitches might be more than merely annoying. I can say with confidence that the video shows strong twitching, but I haven't seen whether the whole drone is twitching or whether it is just the camera framing that is at fault. I estimate about 30 degrees of yaw, then a rebound, perhaps with a slight bob downwards as well.

Reactions: RedDeviluk
I have set Yaw in manual mode to 90 degree... but I haven't see this one during the few flights which I've done

Could there be a fault with the Controller ... i.e. although you are pressing the stick to go forwards, it's sending a different command to the drone intermittently. Just a thought.

The movements are too quick to be a controller related issue in my opinion.
I have used the drone since the last update at least 20 times. I have not experienced anything like this.

As MrDosa says, the twitch is just to quick to be manually controlled, I really don't think I could replicate it off I tried left to right, camera up and down.

Certainly a technical glitch. I'd done (as I always do) a full drone calibration prior to this flight.

I read one post about a "twitch of doom" prior to someone's Anafi falling out the sky. I've checked it over and there's nothing obvious at all. Thinking now that my next flight might result in a drop or flyaway.

Fingers crossed that's not the case, but if it is then I guess I have the evidence that there was something going on....

As MrDosa says, the twitch is just to quick to be manually controlled, I really don't think I could replicate it off I tried left to right, camera up and down.

Certainly a technical glitch. I'd done (as I always do) a full drone calibration prior to this flight.

I read one post about a "twitch of doom" prior to someone's Anafi falling out the sky. I've checked it over and there's nothing obvious at all. Thinking now that my next flight might result in a drop or flyaway.

Fingers crossed that's not the case, but if it is then I guess I have the evidence that there was something going on....

When you view the log of the flight in FF6 (on the GPS tab) does it show a straight line or does the twitching show a bit jaggedy? (I see you also say you use Airdata - which I haven't used, so not familiar with what it can show you - but does that reveal ANY unexplained movements?)

As you say, at least you have proof that it's not been working correctly, so if you do have a disaster .... (hopefully not!!)

Hi Joe, nope, I've ran my flight kids through several bits of software, all show full GPS, 80%+ controller signal and no compass issues.

No strange battery drain and no kink's in the flight line on a map.

It's got me baffled....lol
6cac4a33109d77e7440ff69562fca1a1.jpg
c9bc680688d423ced42b906b7327ea68.jpg

Dayum that could be scary. I still have not encountered something like this, but in case i will report here too. Just a thought but....could be related by some electromagnetic pulses from the ground or solar pulses ? I heard somewhere time ago that even solar tempests could interfere with drones sometimes.

Dayum that could be scary. I still have not encountered something like this, but in case i will report here too. Just a thought but....could be related by some electromagnetic pulses from the ground or solar pulses ? I heard somewhere time ago that even solar tempests could interfere with drones sometimes.
Hi StlwY. The area I'm over is actually a nature preserve, so there's nothing electrical aside from the buildings which are behind me in the video. I've flown round there for years with various drones and never experienced anything like this. I also check for any WiFi signals prior to lift off and there's nothing at all.

A wide open area so I think it could have been cross winds. Might not have been windy on the ground but the winds are plenty different at 100 feet. The Anafi does pretty well in winds but I have had mine twisted around before in strong gusts and said WTF is going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh