Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

is this controller goosed?

davyg

Reaction score
Had to run out and have a look at a friend of mine's Anafi , there is just no video feed at all via the controller/phone, the craft flies good enough with just the controller and or the phone, he can get video feed via normal WIFI, but nothing at all when the phone is hooked up to the controller, we tried different cables, phones , all to no avail....I brought it back to my home and hooked my newly received controller (arrived while I was out....typical), and connected to the Anafi and it all worked flawlessly even had the video feed, I tried hooking up his dodgy controller to my working Anafi and it has the same problem with no connection nor video feed........ I would say that this controller is an RMA methinks... he did point out that it was working and then just stopped without any warning...

If the phone is Android does it automatically launch FF6 when it is plugged into the controller?
There have been cases where the USB-A socket on the controller has become loose so that is worth checking.

all 3 phones were android... and no the Freeflight app doesn't launch when USB plug is inserted.... he mentioned that it used to , but not anymore...how would we check if the USB-A socket has come loose, surely if we open it up it would void any warranty claim....

Just an update....I plugged a USB lead into the dodgy controller and the USB is very loose, my controller USB-A socket is very firm.....I would hazard a guess and say that the USB-A socket has come loose or de-soldered itself on the suspect controller...

Your way forward depends on a number of things.
1) How old is the Abafi. If it is less than a year and bought from a reputable retailer then I would try to return it for replacement. However there is a chance that the retailer may say that it is due to misuse and not replace it.
2) If you are feeling brave you can open the controller and see what has gone wrong. Use the tool included in the spare propellers to unscrew the case and separate the 2 halves. Be careful as there is a wire joining both halves as the battery is in the rear section. Another member had the same problem and got it repaired in the Far East whilst on holiday so it can be done.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
aye, he has fired off an email to Anafi support, I don't hold out much hope as they have been fobbing him off with lame excuses.... I have watched this a few times
and the procedure is the same , just the PCB will be a diff layout...

Can he not get a replacement from the shop that he bought it from? I understand that places such as Amazon have issued full replacements for various failures.

and therein lies the problem..... his Anafi was a replacement for a returned Bebop that Parrot lost and gave him the runaround, now Parrot ask him for "proof of purchase" when he asks for support for an Anafi that PARROT sent him..... will wait and see what transpires this week as they have been informed that his drone works just fine on another controller... worst case scenario is that I try to re-solder the USB socket back to the PCB footings......and or buy another controller..... many thanks for taking the time out to reply to my posts.....much appreciated... :):)

tried twice to attempt a repair, it failed both times, my buddy has now purchased another SC3... shame really all because of a part that costs pennies....(n):(

I still think that it could be repaired by the right person with the correct equipment but it may cost more than a second hand controller. It would be worth keeping as spares or he could Ebay it stating the fault and see how much he can get for it.

I still think that it could be repaired by the right person with the correct equipment but it may cost more than a second hand controller. It would be worth keeping as spares or he could Ebay it stating the fault and see how much he can get for it.

He's gonna stick in the local TV repair shop to see if they can fit a new USB socket, and then keep it as a spare...

my mate came round this morning with the new SC3... what a bloody job to get the controller and Anafi paired up.... he buggered off shopping and left me to it... managed it in the end... did and update and everything is working hunky dory now.

lets hope he get loads of flying done now..

I thought that you just connected the Anafi to the controller by a USB lead and they sorted themseves out. I hope he bought you some cream cakes for your trouble.

I thought that you just connected the Anafi to the controller by a USB lead and they sorted themseves out. I hope he bought you some cream cakes for your trouble.

aye, that is the way I eventually done it... tis the joys of being an auld fart.... I didn't read the manual beforehand.... ;);):p:p

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456