Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IS THIS JUST ME???

CANADABOY54

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Bebop 2 pilots. Hope you are all keeping well. Ever since I updated my iPhone to iOS 14.2 I’m no longer able to access the camera widget in FreeFlight Pro. If I try to set my still camera shot to say, JPEG Snap the camera settings page flashes up and FreeFlight Pro crashes. If I use one of my older iPhones using an earlier iOS, FreeFlight Pro works as it should with no problem! Has anyone else encountered this? When I contacted Parrot tech support, they seem to be aware of the problem but had no solution as to solving it. Regards to all!

My brother bought a Bebop 2 before I had one and he told me it always seemed like Freeflight Pro was finicky with apple products. I only use Android products so I never had an issue with the app. He nought a Samsung tablet to use with the drone and never had an issue since.

I would just use your older Iphone for the drone since you already have it. I picked up an Android smartphone cheap for the Tracphone service but never activated it. I basically just use it as a small tablet for the drone. Worked well for me and I don't have to mess with using my phone. (nothing more annoying then getting a call while flying) I assume this older phone is deactivated, so you wouldn't have to be concerned if someone tries to call or text you while flying, plus you can just leave it in airplane mode all the time.

Since the Bebop 2 is a discontinued product, I doubt they will ever update the Freeflight pro app.

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
I use a samsung note 4 with my bebops (power editions) I also fly a dji mavic mini that requires at least an android 6 to operate and use a 9...if I try to fly my bop using the 9 it acts all cattiwumpus :oops:

Jim

It is not only you.... I have the same problem.
iOS 14.4 on a iPad an iPhone.

I’m also no longer able to access the camera widget in FreeFlight Pro. If I try to set my still camera shot to JPEG Snap the camera settings page flashes up and FreeFlight Pro disapears. Dobble klik home button and there it is.

Bit of a bummer, so are we stuck with no camera settings?
iwas out today in the garden and came across the same issue.
would be nice if Parrot could give it a fix.....

Good thing about Amazon tablets is that they are cheap and usually a few versions of Android behind. Be worth buying one just for the job.😉

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut