Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Issues with getting it to follow another object

The controller itself does not have a GPS capability, it gets that information from your device/phone so if your device does not have GPS or the signal is blocked, it will show as the controller not having a signal
Thanks, I removed the app from my phone and downloaded it again, went through the setup process, etc. and now the signal is working. Not sure what happened, but it seems okay now.

That's very interesting to watch. It really doesn't have a set pattern. Great video.
See, I watch that video and see a pattern.

The drone is always trying to stay in the same orientation to the person it's following, in this case to his left. Roughly at his 9 o'clock the entire time. When he changes direction it just takes the drone a second or two to realise and re position back to his 9 o'clock.

Yes, I see that now. In my case, the follow me dynamic was initiated when the drone was 100 feet behind me so it stayed behind me the whole time. Very interesting! I still think it's smarter than I am.....:oops: I need to go out to the local practice track and try the different modes and different starting positions. Lots of turns and uphills/downhills there.

Hi I don't have a drone at present but I am leaning towards the anafi. I have watched many videos and like the fact it will follow the phone/device even if not in sight. But I would also like it if I could get it to follow, say my dogs when they run off.
So I think for me personally I would like a gps device to attach to my dogs that the drone can lock onto but still return to me when the battery is low.
If they make that possible they will most definitely have a new customer.

I don't think the Anafi will follow any GPS; it will only work if you attach your smartphone to the dog. I doubt you would want to do that!! :oops:

I've been trying to find a good YouTube video that explains, in English, how to get the Anafi to lock onto another moving person/object but I haven't found one yet that explains it very well in detail. I've been trying on my own, and have a hard copy of the manual, but either I am messing up or my Anafi is?
When I go to SmartDronies, I have orbit, parabola, dolly zoom, and boomerang as options. So I don't think that is it? Follow me will only follow me with the controller. It gives me an error stating the controller can't get a GPS lock.
When I select SmartDronies and draw a box around something, something moving, it will lock on but not follow, like cameraman.
And I can't find a good explanation of track, lock, and dynamic?
Any thoughts/suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Using an iPhone XS

Thanks
The "Follow Me" feature also has a name in it: it follows me (the pilot).
In DJI, "Active track" is the name of a function that follows another object or a vehicle.
Unfortunately, this is missing from Parrot software. I think there is a solution!
In cameraman mode, control works, so all you have to do is push the right stick forward, paying attention to the speed of the object (human). The drone automatically holds the object (human) in the picture.
Dustin is also doing this here:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking