Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just discovered the Anafi but can't find answers to some questions I have.

Sidneylopsides

Reaction score
I have a Spark at the moment, and last night discovered the Anafi and think I want one. The improvement in camera and flight time are the main reasons, but being quieter is also good.
I've read the product page, browsed reviews and installed the app, Freeflight 6, to get an idea, but there are some things I've not found answers to.

Does the Anafi have optical flow and some kind of downward distance sensor?

Has the drift issue been fixed now?

What panoramic options does it have? Spark has horizontal, vertical, a 3x3 grid and sphere.

Can intake off from your hand without issue?

I believe it can be picked out of the air and
shuts down when you flip it on its side?

Are the follow me and waypoint modes permanently cheap now, they show as 99p in app purchases when I look.

How quick are image/video downloads. The spark is very slow.

So far it looks a great device, and the all feels more polished than DJI go, but I do really like how I can carry the Spark in my jacket pocket and fly it any time with ease.

Thank you!

I have a Spark at the moment, and last night discovered the Anafi and think I want one. The improvement in camera and flight time are the main reasons, but being quieter is also good.
I've read the product page, browsed reviews and installed the app, Freeflight 6, to get an idea, but there are some things I've not found answers to.

Does the Anafi have optical flow and some kind of downward distance sensor?

Has the drift issue been fixed now?

What panoramic options does it have? Spark has horizontal, vertical, a 3x3 grid and sphere.

Can intake off from your hand without issue?

I believe it can be picked out of the air and
shuts down when you flip it on its side?

Are the follow me and waypoint modes permanently cheap now, they show as 99p in app purchases when I look.

How quick are image/video downloads. The spark is very slow.

So far it looks a great device, and the all feels more polished than DJI go, but I do really like how I can carry the Spark in my jacket pocket and fly it any time with ease.

Thank you!

It has a downfacing camera and a sensor like the spark to detect its position and height.

As far as I know there’s no drifting. I recently bought mine (maybe 3 weeks ago?) and it hovers perfectly fine even in wind.

Panorama options are horizontal, vertical and sphere. Unlike the spark the app generates a much higher quality pano (8000*5000, if I remember) although it also stores the single images so you can generate an even higher quality pano yourself. Sphere also is special as it creates a real 360 sphere, as the Anafi can also lookup to capture the sky.

Yes the Anafi can take off and land from your hand. Landing is the same as with the spark. Hand beneath drone and just land. For take off you gently throw the drone upwards.

Yes it will shut down if you catch it and turn it 90degree sideways. But as with all drones that’s not recommended.

The in app purchase seem to stay at 0,99€ at the moment. Can’t tell if this is permanent.

Download is much faster than with the Spark, but be aware that videos recorded at 4K are also of a much bigger file size. So while one minute of 1080p are maybe just around 200mb the same in 4K can be around 1-1,5Gb.

I switched from the spark myself, you can read my opinion and observations in the following thread:

Switching from DJI
Switching from DJI

It has a downfacing camera and a sensor like the spark to detect its position and height.

As far as I know there’s no drifting. I recently bought mine (maybe 3 weeks ago?) and it hovers perfectly fine even in wind.

Panorama options are horizontal, vertical and sphere. Unlike the spark the app generates a much higher quality pano (8000*5000, if I remember) although it also stores the single images so you can generate an even higher quality pano yourself. Sphere also is special as it creates a real 360 sphere, as the Anafi can also lookup to capture the sky.

Yes the Anafi can take off and land from your hand. Landing is the same as with the spark. Hand beneath drone and just land. For take off you gently throw the drone upwards.

Yes it will shut down if you catch it and turn it 90degree sideways. But as with all drones that’s not recommended.

The in app purchase seem to stay at 0,99€ at the moment. Can’t tell if this is permanent.

Download is much faster than with the Spark, but be aware that videos recorded at 4K are also of a much bigger file size. So while one minute of 1080p are maybe just around 200mb the same in 4K can be around 1-1,5Gb.

I switched from the spark myself, you can read my opinion and observations in the following thread:

Switching from DJI
Switching from DJI

Thank you for the reply. I have read your post, it was very informative!
I think I'll sort out selling my Spark and getting and Anafi, that seems to cover all my questions.

Before I forget. Connection with the controller is done via usb cable so no need to use WiFi to connect to the controller like with the Spark. Also you don’t have to switch modes to connect your phone to the Anafi without the controller. If it’s switched on you can just connect to Anafis WiFi and control it or download media

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Before I forget. Connection with the controller is done via usb cable so no need to use WiFi to connect to the controller like with the Spark. Also you don’t have to switch modes to connect your phone to the Anafi without the controller. If it’s switched on you can just connect to Anafis WiFi and control it or download media
Ah that sounds brilliant, the various connections on the Spark aren't great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut