Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just got an Anafi and it's awesome. Few questions.

StIwY

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just got my first drone ever, the Anafi. I always read on various forums that beginners should first learn with cheap drones.

But i have 0 problems driving the Anafi, it's easy, and of course the common sense is required. Anyway i have few questions.

The drone is wonderful., stable and fly flawlessy, but i don't get why the secondary GPS) is 90% of the time in red. Is the GPS included into the Skycontroller 3, right ?

I already did the reset on both the drone and the controller. No problem instead on the GPS embeeded on the drone, whith is able to catch 12-20+ satellites in a reasonable time. The firmwares are of course the latest ones.

The second question is about the annoying endlessy charging smartphone while connected to the Skycontroller. I have an Android smartphone, there is a way to avoid the persistent charging status? Should be a controller, not a powerbank.

The third question is about the FCC frequency on Europe, there is a method to unlock it ?

Thanks in advance.

it’s the phone that provides gps lock in the skycontroller 3 that comes with the anafi, only the original sc1 had gps in the controller itself.

If you find you don’t get a good gps lock with your phone, you could consider a bluetooth gps receiver like the xgps150/160 or the garmin glo.

Different satellites move into view through the day, so you might find you get signal in a spot one moment/day and the next time you might not see enough sats for it to indicate a good lock. Moving to the area with the most open sky should help, and prefer a southern view ( in the northern hemisphere ) of the sky if there are just unavoidable obstacles.

The controller gps lock only affects certain follow me modes, so not as a big a concern as the drone gps lock.

Reactions: StIwY
2nd:
There are 2 options:
A) Root your device and use an app to stop the charging.
B) Modify the USB cable.

3rd:
There is a modded app here:

Hello everyone. Just got my first drone ever, the Anafi. I always read on various forums that beginners should first learn with cheap drones.

But i have 0 problems driving the Anafi, it's easy, and of course the common sense is required. Anyway i have few questions.

The drone is wonderful., stable and fly flawlessy, but i don't get why the secondary GPS) is 90% of the time in red. Is the GPS included into the Skycontroller 3, right ?

I already did the reset on both the drone and the controller. No problem instead on the GPS embeeded on the drone, whith is able to catch 12-20+ satellites in a reasonable time. The firmwares are of course the latest ones.

The second question is about the annoying endlessy charging smartphone while connected to the Skycontroller. I have an Android smartphone, there is a way to avoid the persistent charging status? Should be a controller, not a powerbank.

The third question is about the FCC frequency on Europe, there is a method to unlock it ?

Thanks in advance.
As Dirk_ANAFI mentionned it, to modify the USB cable, check this thread :
Prevent SC3 to charge constantly Android phones
I made this mod ans have flown for about 180 flights without any problem (this mod is very easy to do).

I'm a new user as well, I made the mistake of not turning the GPS on on my phone, the drone was getting a signal quickly and controller was staying red.

I'm a new user as well, I made the mistake of not turning the GPS on on my phone, the drone was getting a signal quickly and controller was staying red.

Yes well, i usually set the smartphone to airplane mode, to avoid reduce any possible interference. Otherwise GPS go green.

2nd:
There are 2 options:
A) Root your device and use an app to stop the charging.
B) Modify the USB cable.

3rd:
There is a modded app here:
I hate those stupid rules. In Europe the regulations about WiFi are too strict

Well firstly, I wouldn't worry, save the worry for life's properly important things. :)

However, if it's supposed to be a brand new drone then I'd return it as it plainly isn't. If it's a refurb then presumably the label has been broken to allow access at some point and is probably understandable.

Well firstly, I wouldn't worry, save the worry for life's properly important things. :)

However, if it's supposed to be a brand new drone then I'd return it as it plainly isn't. If it's a refurb then presumably the label has been broken to allow access at some point and is probably understandable.

I bought this from their Wharehouse as "used but like new". What would happen for example if, the drone will get crazy and crash on his own.....will Parrot replace eventually with a new one or the warranty is already gone ? Thanks!

Hello again. I just noticed a thing.

I bought the drone on Amazon, but i noticed that someone before me, seems like took off two screws below the battery compartment: Here the picture.

Should i be worried ? The drone is perfectly working after 20 flights anyway.

Honestly Mate..... Get it sent back if its supposed to be a brand new item. Looks like someone has been up to no good, and the last thing you want is someone else's problems later on....... I would be on the side of caution and send back and insist on a new replacement.

As it was from the Amazon Warehouse I would read the terms and conditions closely as they are different to the normal ones. If I remember correctly return is only allowed under certain circumstances. There also may be a timescale for returning items so I would contact them straight away and explain the problem.

Read post #5 on this thread Used Amazon UK anyone bought?

Amazon warehouse deals have a 30 days return policy, nothing else. No warranty from Parrot or Amazon after the 30 days.
If you can, just send it back and take another warehouse drone, or pay a couple extra pounds to get a new one with proper warranty and there's the option of getting an insurance as well.

As it was from the Amazon Warehouse I would read the terms and conditions closely as they are different to the normal ones. If I remember correctly return is only allowed under certain circumstances. There also may be a timescale for returning items so I would contact them straight away and explain the problem.

Just got a reply from their support.. They offer me to sent it back and a complete refund within 30 days, or a partial refund 20% if i keep it.

Considering that i bought the Extended version for 700 eur, with the discount will be 560 which is a good price. Warranty is still 2 years on Wharehouse. Seems like different depending on regions. The Base version of the drone, brand new is 600 eur.

That's interesting. Unfortunately i can't even do a proper easy welding. Do you sell those somewhere?
No unfortunately, I don't sell this kind of thing (as a commercial pilot, I don't have time for it...).
But honestly, I am not a handyman at all and I guarantee I was able to make this modified cable just by watching the videos and in just 15 minutes. I think anyone can do it without any problem - you should give it a try !

It is not really a problem, but from time to time, while flying like >400 meters away, the message in red "poor wifi signal" pops up at the app, the signal goes from 100% to 20-30% immediately, and after a couple of seconds, returns high. But actually i still can see a smooth stream of camera.

It seems that the signal is not correct calculated on real time. It is not progressive, like 100 to 90 to 80 for example....... If you know what i mean, is that a normal behaviour?

It is not really a problem, but from time to time, while flying like >400 meters away, the message in red "poor wifi signal" pops up at the app, the signal goes from 100% to 20-30% immediately, and after a couple of seconds, returns high. But actually i still can see a smooth stream of camera.

It seems that the signal is not correct calculated on real time. It is not progressive, like 100 to 90 to 80 for example....... If you know what i mean, is that a normal behaviour?
I saw this as well.
I think the controller and/or drone are able to adapt their signal power (or receiver gain) in a few steps (but not linear) depending on the measured signal strength.
There might be a short delay to step up,- this would explain, why you first have a weak signal, that soon becomes better at a certain point even if you hoover at that position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quinzee