Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Keep checking your props

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I can't stress this enough. Just found my third bad prop. Used one of those LED flashlights to shine on the props and noticed another prop with a hairline crack. Not very big but big enough that I noticed it. I use a landing pad and lately have been hand catching so the props are not hitting anything that I can tell. Their light weight I believe is the weak spot on the Anafi and I would not be surprised if the props are the problem for some Anafi's to drop for no reason. Taking a few seconds to look the props over could save you from a crash.

By the way have a look at the screws, one touch with a finger and you are sure that they are still tightened.

Good call mate I think that maybe what happened to me the other day just lucky that it came down in some grass so no damage

I can't stress this enough. Just found my third bad prop. Used one of those LED flashlights to shine on the props and noticed another prop with a hairline crack. Not very big but big enough that I noticed it. I use a landing pad and lately have been hand catching so the props are not hitting anything that I can tell. Their light weight I believe is the weak spot on the Anafi and I would not be surprised if the props are the problem for some Anafi's to drop for no reason. Taking a few seconds to look the props over could save you from a crash.
Do you think there’s any chance they’re stress fractures — maybe from poor materials or manufacturing??

Thanks for the heads up. I've noticed that the material they used on the props are somewhat like those brittle plastic perhaps to save weight unlike those props they used in the XSP which are more flexible. Wonder if someone would produce CF props - if they can produce CF props that small -would be interesting.

Do you think there’s any chance they’re stress fractures — maybe from poor materials or manufacturing??

Not to sure but the first one could have been from not spreading the props apart on startup, it had a chunk taken out right where the other prop mounts. The second one was on the trailing side and had 3 small cracks that looked like it might have hit something. This last one was also on the trailing side, very hard to see thats how small it was. About 1\8th of inch long.
There are youtube videos of DJI owners trying the Anafi props and I wonder if we can do the opposite way and get the carbon fiber props :)

Not to sure but the first one could have been from not spreading the props apart on startup, it had a chunk taken out right where the other prop mounts. The second one was on the trailing side and had 3 small cracks that looked like it might have hit something. This last one was also on the trailing side, very hard to see thats how small it was. About 1\8th of inch long.
There are youtube videos of DJI owners trying the Anafi props and I wonder if we can do the opposite way and get the carbon fiber props :)
That’d be a nice solution. I know from my potentially catastrophic XSP flight along the Ca. coast last week (long story, will post w/video later) the Master Airscrew blades are amazingly durable. Maybe Master comes through for Anafi , given enough sales to justify making replacement props...?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame