Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kilmannan Reservoir - Using Anafi's Follow Me Mode with a Mountain Bike

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
There's often discussion here about the Anafi's abilities to follow bikes, boats, skiers etc. I've edited some footage of it following me on a mountain bike which was pretty successful. All 'follow me' footage was filmed using the Anafi connected to a phone mounted on the bike handlebars, and not using the SC3 controller. Note - bike is at least 25 years old... will not win any prizes in a beautiful bike competition, but it still does the job!

Beautiful scenery. The Anafi still does a good job even though it is old in drone years. I admire your confidence riding away from the Anafi whilst it is following you without looking back to see where it was. I suppose you could glance at the phone briefly without falling off!

Reactions: Joe_Scot
Beautiful scenery. The Anafi still does a good job even though it is old in drone years. I admire your confidence riding away from the Anafi whilst it is following you without looking back to see where it was. I suppose you could glance at the phone briefly without falling off!

Thanks @Liger 1956 ... yes it's by no means perfect but will do the job given adequate space and a lot of patience!! Also quite a lot of editing afterwards. Managed to avoid hitting any trees though on a couple of occasions that was probably sheer good fortune! There are times it seems to have a mind of its own. Would still like to give it a go whilst skiing one day, but generally drone restrictions in ski resorts don't make it easy!

Great job too! Thanks. I'm interested, why there are so few people here to share their accomplishments, surely there are many to show

Many thanks @DimitarXO ... that's a good question! The forum certainly has fewer posts than it once did. But there are still quite a few 'regulars' here who post periodically and will help answer your questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44