Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Latest software good?

Eencke

Reaction score
Hi ,
I havnt used the anafi now for some months and still have the version 1.2 for the drone.
Now i believe it gives me 1.3.2 version.
I have been reading about issues regarding vertical camera messages. Can someone maybe advise if this is due to this latest fw ? Are there any problems with the new fw?
Please let me know

Reactions: Thanev
There is no sense in keeping old FW or software versions.
Since FW 1.2.1 or 1.2.4 (October/November 2018) there were bug fixes and improvements.

There is no sense in keeping old FW or software versions.
Since FW 1.2.1 or 1.2.4 (October/November 2018) there were bug fixes and improvements.
Thats true , but sometimes when bugs are fixed , another bug pops up. Therefore i wonder if anyone has problems with the latest fw. And if there has been a sollution for the vertical camera issue

My FF6 freezing on my mobile when it would like to access the SD card from the main menu. When I am in the FLY menu with live picture it is good. And later I can remove the SD card and push it into my PC to download the pics, videos.
When the Anafi is still in the air when FF6 exit, I can't restart the FF6 again, Anafi is hoovering, I can bring it back with the Skycontroller, manually. So I cant enough brave to fly far away just where I can see the Anafi.

The vertical camera issue mostly was a hardware problem.
Other problems like freezing when accessing SD card may be an incompatible SD card ...

My point: A good update makes things better. Here in the forum the calls for a new update are getting very silent since FW 1.3.2. That is a good sign that the FW and FF6 have become better since the end of 2018.

People seem to be happy with the last update. Some are still asking for camera improvements such as settings and perhaps 2K 60 FPS but not to many complaining about the firmware anymore.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
My only issue is my start up is now unreliable. It’s a weird button dance I’m doing now to get real initialization. I’ve had to pop the battery back in and out then press the start button again post proper start to get the camera started and WiFi broadcast. I’ve yet to understand why and it’s made catching light changes more difficult as I’m losing time on the ground with these weird start problems. It started post last FW update and it happens indoors as well so it’s not a temperature issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Thanev
Then it’s in the drone because it’s with any battery. This is a new unit also as my original is down with a dead motor. I’ll play around some more and see if there is a pattern. It’s more of a PIA then a problem as once I’m started, it’s all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have had the same issue numerous times since the last 2 updates.Install battery,push the button watch the LEDs light up then go out,yet the fan runs and the LED under the Anafi continues to function. But not every time I go out.Interesting to note this never happens indoors for me.
Musical batteries until one works,then they all work.Almost like the initialization process is looking for something.

Yup....have you tried picking it up during this time? I’ve noticed the blue light blinking and then go to solid after I pick it up and turn it over a bit. I’m experimenting today and looking into a call to Parrot.

Then it’s in the drone because it’s with any battery. This is a new unit also as my original is down with a dead motor. I’ll play around some more and see if there is a pattern. It’s more of a PIA then a problem as once I’m started, it’s all good.

This charger may be your issue.
Post #3 in the linked thread

I have one and have used it twice.
Batteries are hard to pull off and worried they may deform the power connection with the drone.

Mine isnt a charger issue as I use 3 different wall chargers AND a powerbank.I have even marked the battery as to what charger I used.It is random.

My bird flies great, however on boot up, the app will not show video feed unless I unplug it, and plug it back.
This only started on latest firmware. Using both an LGV20 and Samsung S8+.

A minute ago, I tried the pick it up and turn it sideways during first start up attempt. Then, when back on the ground, I pushed on the button and viola, gimbal check and solid start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The vertical camera issue mostly was a hardware problem.
Other problems like freezing when accessing SD card may be an incompatible SD card ...

My point: A good update makes things better. Here in the forum the calls for a new update are getting very silent since FW 1.3.2. That is a good sign that the FW and FF6 have become better since the end of 2018.

Hi, yesterday I started the pix4DCapture. I can tell you that it was interesting when the Anafi fly away automaticly. IT made appx.130 pics for a 3d map, all of them were downloaded without any problem into my CatS60 from the Anafi through the RC. Cat uploaded IT and One hour later the 3d map is super, I can use it on the building site :) so it seems to me an FF6 software error not the SD card.

Drones are complex systems. Of course there may be software problems, hardware, timing, ..., "SD card" problems.

We will not be able to clarify this here, because also the "simple" 2 points "SD card" and "software" error are complex:
  • SD card has certain properties
  • software may be written for slightly other SD card properties
  • temperature may have influence on properties
  • contact properties of the SD card holder
  • different SD card access conditions in the FW code

How will you definitely distinguish between SD card and firmware/software?

Drones are complex systems. Of course there may be software problems, hardware, timing, ..., "SD card" problems.

We will not be able to clarify this here, because also the "simple" 2 points "SD card" and "software" error are complex:
  • SD card has certain properties
  • software may be written for slightly other SD card properties
  • temperature may have influence on properties
  • contact properties of the SD card holder
  • different SD card access conditions in the FW code

How will you definitely distinguish between SD card and firmware/software?
Hi,

Or the third point, the mobile device?

Well, Parrot wrote every Android is OK above ver.4.4. OK. The package included a 16Gb SD card, Parrot gave it, OK. But it is not working properly with my CatS60. I bought a 64gb card and another type 64Gb card. The same freezing issue with FF6. It is a problem.
In the past few days I tried both with the pix4dCapture several times and everything ok. All of them. Why?
Next week I will get a new iPad , of course I will try it also. I have a bet, I will write. So, I think it is an FF6 Android software problem. (Or what Parrot says is not true with the ver.4.4)
Cheers
:)
G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut