Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LED Lighting

pmh1nic

Reaction score
I just added LED lighting to my Anafi, one on each rear leg. They are super bright to the point that you need to put your finger over them while you're attempting to turn them off or they'll blind you.

LED Lights

Viewed from the rear I put a white one on the right leg and red one on the left. One of the memory tricks when flying man aircraft is "red on right returning" meaning if you see aircraft lighting in front of you and the red light is on the right the aircraft is approaching you. The advantage to using different colors is they make it extremely easy to know the orientation of the Anafi even at great distances when the drone is just a speck in the daytime sky.

I use these also but attach to the battery. I place my white on the back and my colors on the sides. Try it at night around street signs and watch the strobes make interesting highlights to your landings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for posting! I have been thinking on this for awhile.

How is daytime visibility?
How did you attach them?
Any chance for pics of the bird?

cheers,
Scott

Thanks for posting! I have been thinking on this for awhile.

How is daytime visibility?
How did you attach them?
Any chance for pics of the bird?

cheers,
Scott

The real help with distance and orientation even in daylight. There are velco pads with adhesive on one side supplied with the led boards but I also used a thin zip tie to more securely attach them to each arm of the drone.

I'll try to get some pictures posted in the next day or so.

I may need one during the day if laws do change on this aspect in France.
I was wondering what is seen on a footage from this strong strobe light flashing ?
To avoid unwanted filmed ‘light effect’, I may stick it to the rear of the battery (remark I did not write @ss to avoid forum auto-filtering ;o)

I have them mounted on the rear legs and didn't notice any lighting affected durinf the day. I'll try to post a video today.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Great ! Thanks for that !
I read that this type of strobe light is very ‘directive’ and if not placed near the camera, it should not be visible in the footage.
The subject of the video should be far enough not to be ‘enlighted’ by the strobe though.

I uploaded a video of the LED lights on my Anafi. The first part of the video is a view from the Anafi and I don't notice anything that indicates the lights are impacting the video. The LED's (especially the white one) can be seen even when the Anafi is just a dot that is very hard to pick up in the sky. Actually the lights show up better with your naked eye versus the GoPro I'm using (Hero Session 4). You'll notice I get a little (actually a lot) distracted near the end because I heard a helicopter that sounded pretty close and pretty low going east to west just south me. I did see him a few minutes later going west to east just north of me and I seriously doubt he was at 500'. This is a rare occurrence but of course it had to happen when I decide to fly for a few minutes to make this demo.

LED Lights

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Thanks for the video. It seemed like only the white light was visible (?) But with your eyes you could see all three, or only the add-on LEDs? Any idea what altitude the bird was at?

Thanks for the video. It seemed like only the white light was visible (?) But with your eyes you could see all three, or only the add-on LEDs? Any idea what altitude the bird was at?

Yes, the white light is the most prominent and the camera doesn't pick up all that your eyes can see. The Anafi was at 300 feet and I took it out about 1000 feet althought I'm not 100% sure of the maximum distance I captured in the video. What you will notice is the bird by itself is pretty much lost without the white LED.

Cannot see the video anymore. Is there someone with foto's or installation info to put LED's on the Anafi?
Where to connect them for power?

thanks

Here is a simple soultion to the lighting nightmare. Everytime I fly I can never find the Anafi unless I am on top of it.
The ultra small lights only weigh 10g for 2 of them and can be seen a long long way of. I also put a red flashing dog collar light in a custom 3D printed container. The dog light just snaps in , everything is atached with industrial Velcro.

Lights 10g for 2
Rear Light 13g with mount
Trackimo 19g

I have attached the STL if you want to print one for yourself

Lights are from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCXDPPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com : Clip-On Pet, Dog Collar LED Light - Dog Lights for Collars, Waterproof Safety Lights of Dogs and Cats for Night Walking, Included Extra Replacement Batteries, Gifts for Pets (6 Pcs) : Pet Supplies
Amazon.com : Clip-On Pet, Dog Collar LED Light - Dog Lights for Collars, Waterproof Safety Lights of Dogs and Cats for Night Walking, Included Extra Replacement Batteries, Gifts for Pets (6 Pcs) : Pet Supplies
www.amazon.com

Attachments

I use these also but attach to the battery. I place my white on the back and my colors on the sides. Try it at night around street signs and watch the strobes make interesting highlights to your landings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think you choose the right spots :
One to the back
and other two on the sides. (If its necessary)
I prefer Only White not colors
Can you send photos that show the exact spot where strobe lights can be glued?
If they get stuck on the battery, what happens with every change?
strobe lights from which company?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut