Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Loading offline map

Maxgi

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Question: flight with smartphone in airplane mode. How to load the map of the place where i fly? Explain me how to a 5 year old boy.. :)

I'd like to add a second question to Maxgi's@
At home I can "Load Map" of the area I will be visiting. However, when I am not at home, with my domestic wifi connections, I cannot load another map, if I move to a completely different area. Is there anyway to load more than one map, save them and then bring up the one I need at that time. I am using an android tablet, that is not used as a phone and has no connection other than the cable to the skycontroller.
Regards
Douglas

Reactions: Maxgi
You have to load the offline map before you go offline!

Whilst not connected to the Anafi but connected to the internet
Open FreeFlight6 on smartphone
Touch "Load Map"
Move map to where you want to fly
Touch "Prepare the map"
Wait until it has finished loading the 17 tiles
Exit FreeFlight 6
Gop Fly

Not sure about... but some guys said that you can load more than one map.
I have same problem anyway... i use a different terminal with no sim card for fly. If i need i use my phone as wifi router, so my tablet can download the map.

Is there anyway to load more than one map, save them and then bring up the one I need at that time.
Douglas,

Another user did mention on the FakeGPS thread that he was able to dowload 2 maps. One for the USA where he was spoofing the GPS and one for the actual location that he was flying at. He did not say how he switched between maps. If somebody has a rooted device and can find where the offline maps are stored then it should be possible download a map, copy it to another directory for future use, and then download a second map etc.

You have to load the offline map before you go offline!

Whilst not connected to the Anafi but connected to the internet
Open FreeFlight6 on smartphone
Touch "Load Map"
Move map to where you want to fly
Touch "Prepare the map"
Wait until it has finished loading the 17 tiles
Exit FreeFlight 6
Gop Fly

ok. I do all these steps. When i go to fly offline and open freeflight6 the map is loaded automatically or do i have to do somethings? Thank you..

Douglas,

Another user did mention on the FakeGPS thread that he was able to dowload 2 maps. One for the USA where he was spoofing the GPS and one for the actual location that he was flying at. He did not say how he switched between maps. If somebody has a rooted device and can find where the offline maps are stored then it should be possible download a map, copy it to another directory for future use, and then download a second map etc.
Hi, I could switch in both direction between the pre-loaded Flying map and the preloaded FakeGPS usa location with the previous previous FF6 version simply without internet. Since then I not used it. I will try tomorrow again with the actual, new FF6 and inform you. I found a good location :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190102-225719.png
    Screenshot_20190102-225719.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
It should be loaded automatically based on the Anafi's GPS position.
I think the FF6 map loaded based on the mobile phone GPS because the Anafi is OFF when you connecting your device with the Skycontroller and the map is there. Of course later it will show the Anafi GPS sign also.

Hi, I could switch in both direction between the pre-loaded Flying map and the preloaded FakeGPS usa location with the previous previous FF6 version simply without internet. Since then I not used it. I will try tomorrow again with the actual, new FF6 and inform you. I found a good location :)
Thanks Bgabor, that would be great to know(y)

I think the FF6 map loaded based on the mobile phone GPS because the Anafi is OFF when you connecting your device with the Skycontroller and the map is there. Of course later it will show the Anafi GPS sign also.
I think the idea/question is that suppose your are going to 2 different locations on the same day, you want to preload those 2 different locations in one go at home first. So, your guess is that the FF6 app selects automatically the right maps based on the current location of the anafi and the device?

I can't delete any map. I don't have a list of them. Online I read into the phone memory 6 different maps and later in airplane mode I can use it. I could find and use 5 maps from the 6 offline now. (maybe the 6th positioning was wrong maybe this is the limit, i don't know) I made a screen video, upload it now.

I read 1. Home at Budapest real GPS, after it fakeGPS 2.Kiel, 3 Rostock, 4 Koppenhaga 5. Oslo, 6. Stockholm.
Later in offline mode I can see all of them except Kiel.

I can't delete any map. I don't have a list of them. Online I read into the phone memory 6 different maps and later in airplane mode I can use it. I could find and use 5 maps from the 6 offline now. (maybe the 6th positioning was wrong maybe this is the limit, i don't know) I made a screen video, upload it now.
I tried to find it in the Anafi manual (i am not sure if i have the lastest version) but could not find anything about this topic. Indeed, I can imagine that there is only a limited number of maps you can pre-load. So, you went to 5 different sites to check out? Quite some driving around ;)
(after your latest I post I got it :geek:)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut