Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lost drone

nolly

Reaction score
hi all, new member and first time flying my new beebop 2 using my smartphone in the Arizona desert. I flew it for about 10 minutes and suddenly it dove from about 2o feet to the ground into a dry river bed about a 1000 feet from me . I don't know if I caused it to drop suddenly but it went below the edge of the wash , which is 15 feet lower. I tried pressing the return home option but to no avail as it must have loss contact with the controller? I did hear a noise that sounded as if it had hit a branch just as it went over the edge , so thinking it had crashed I went looking for it. the river bed is full of bushes and small trees and about 1000 feet across and maybe 3 times as long before it turns . I looked everywhere but could not find it. it has been 3 days of searching with no success in a relatively small area . could it have flown out and kept on going even though I had put down the controller? any thoughts on retrieving it now after 3 days?

hi all, new member and first time flying my new beebop 2 using my smartphone in the Arizona desert. I flew it for about 10 minutes and suddenly it dove from about 2o feet to the ground into a dry river bed about a 1000 feet from me . I don't know if I caused it to drop suddenly but it went below the edge of the wash , which is 15 feet lower. I tried pressing the return home option but to no avail as it must have loss contact with the controller? I did hear a noise that sounded as if it had hit a branch just as it went over the edge , so thinking it had crashed I went looking for it. the river bed is full of bushes and small trees and about 1000 feet across and maybe 3 times as long before it turns . I looked everywhere but could not find it. it has been 3 days of searching with no success in a relatively small area . could it have flown out and kept on going even though I had put down the controller? any thoughts on retrieving it now after 3 days?

May I suggest you expand your search area along the river bed. If you know for sure that it went into the river bed then just expand your search along the river bed a few hundred feet closer to where you were flying and a few hundred feet further than where you think it crashed. Try to get some friends to help you search the area. If you heard it hit something, it is not likely that it flew off.
If your desert is like here were I live in New Mexico there are a lot of bushes and brush that it could be hung up in or under.
Depending on when you decide to resume your search beware of rattle snakes and watch where you put your hands and feetl
Good luck.

May I suggest you expand your search area along the river bed. If you know for sure that it went into the river bed then just expand your search along the river bed a few hundred feet closer to where you were flying and a few hundred feet further than where you think it crashed. Try to get some friends to help you search the area. If you heard it hit something, it is not likely that it flew off.
If your desert is like here were I live in New Mexico there are a lot of bushes and brush that it could be hung up in or under.
Depending on when you decide to resume your search beware of rattle snakes and watch where you put your hands and feetl
Good luck.

I lost my drone to. Is there any way you can access the flight from the FreeFlight Pro software to see where the last transmission was sent from? DJI has a satellite tracker does the Bebop2 have anything like that? Hope you find your drone. Good luck.

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Yo perdí el drone a 2 klm y lo encontré gracias a la app de parrot no si lo has probado a mi si me dio resultado podrías probarlo ?

Yo perdí el drone a 2 klm y lo encontré gracias a la app de parrot no si lo has probado a mi si me dio resultado podrías probarlo ?

I think he said

I lost the drone at 2 klm and I found it thanks to the parrot app, not if you tried it on me if it worked for me you could try it

hi all, finally found my drone using the coordinates on the app. it took awhile to find this out as no one on this forum suggested I look at the app for last known coordinates and being new at this I had no idea. I think parrot should put out a more extensive guide book with the purchase of this drone so people have more info when they have proplems with I t. still don't know why it fell out of the sky? it was outside for 6 weeks and 3 rainy days but drone seems to fly o.k. and no damage, it fell into a large bush.

hi all, finally found my drone using the coordinates on the app. it took awhile to find this out as no one on this forum suggested I look at the app for last known coordinates and being new at this I had no idea. I think parrot should put out a more extensive guide book with the purchase of this drone so people have more info when they have proplems with I t. still don't know why it fell out of the sky? it was outside for 6 weeks and 3 rainy days but drone seems to fly o.k. and no damage, it fell into a large bush.

Congratulations,! ...... I need to understand how to trace last known co-ordinates..... just in case!

the app. you downloaded ,free flight , will have the last known coordinates on it and you can go to google maps and find the spot. although my drone flys o.k. I noticed that as soon as I install the battery on the drone the red light comes on and the drone boots up without having to press the button to start it , even if the skycontroller is off. since the drone was out in the rain I guess water has shorted the start button and it comes on all the time the battery is installed? I haven't tried the photo part yet so hope that is o.k. any thoughts on how to fix the proplem with it being on all the time? thanks

Btw- besides using the software's last known location, you could have also activated the drone locator which causes the drone to emit an audible tone you can hear from some distance. Its a small green drone icon on the calibration screen i believe... upper left corner.

Reactions: Flipper
New Member! The RTH is supposed to "activate" itself if it loses contact with the Skycontroller or the App! I would think that after 3 days the battery is flat!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut