Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Low level battery warning

How "old" are these batteries, year, cycles ?
My batteries are from 2018, they do have 40ish circles, I think
Also I am still on the "good" fw! So none of the 2020 updates did anything to my bird.

And today I had 2 flights with no problems, no messages.
I have to admit, it could have been the 3. battery.
Have to check on that

Parrot support reply:
"Kindly check the battery alert settings on the app, and see if it's set to default at 50% and then you can change it to your liking. "

Does anyone know where it is possible to adjust this setting ?

A. I was not aware such a clever function exists in FF6, shame on me !
B. This function will exist in a future version of FF6.6.9 and I should have guessed it long ago.
C. The new tech support guys were recently hired from DJI and they didn’t have much time for training...
D. Call a friend.

Well... :giggle:.
Choice D is just done, still waiting for option B..

So, I'm going to answer to Paul D., from Parrot...

Thx Phil.

MustangPhil.... This pseudo talk to me... Weren't you member of a french Mustang forum which I am member too ?

Well... :giggle:.
Choice D is just done, still waiting for option B..

So, I'm going to answer to Paul D., from Parrot...

Thx Phil.

MustangPhil.... This pseudo talk to me... Weren't you member of a french Mustang forum which I am member too ?

you had me doubting my own sanity.... I checked and double checked for a battery monitoring function that doesn't exist in FF6..... have spent the last few hours looking for hairs on the palm of my hands.....LMAO

... well, I don’t belong to any Mustang (car or horse) forum, but I belong to a musicians forum with this pseudo (due to the Mustang P51D WWII airplane)...

... by the way... was this strange answer from Parrot dated 1st of April ? Or is this just a confirmation the support department was transferred to a foreign country far far away beyond the channel ? (I know, I can be banned for that, it’s just humor, I may be sick, please be kind)

Parrot’s answer was send this morning.
It’s possible that the support moved far away: I opened the case in French, on the french web site, but the answer was in english.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Just received Parrot’s response, from Paul D.
We apologize for any inconvenience you might have faced with Parrot.

We're trying our best to keep our services up to your expectations.

Thank you for your cooperation and for delivering all the information needed.

Kindly note that the case has been escalated to the investigation team who should be taking 3 to 5 business days to finish up the investigation.

Once they provide me with the investigation result, I'll let you know via email.

Let’s wait....

Here are the news, received in French this afternoon.

In fact, I did not have any other explanation, but Parrot sended me a right of return (not sure about this translation...) to send back one battery.
But why?
I didn’t had enough time to tell them that this problem appeared on two different batteries, and I didn’t tried the third one..
I’ll have to contact them again.... :confused:

Impossible.
In order to be in FCC mod, channels 36-48 must be displayed.
If they do not appear you are not in FCC mod

FF 6.6.7 appears on GooglePlay today or not?
you are absolutely incorrect. You must see channel 165 to be on FCC. Proven and tested at v. long range flights> 5 Km.

I would like to remind people that lithium batteres are not electronics. Which used to be flaky and we hit the tv to fix the picture....but now we dont have to anymore...... Batteries are chemical... people are chemical... they are alive so to speak... less deterministic as we would like... And all the battery failure modes have not been identified or researched .... but many have.... batteries will only become more "reliable" when we implement some redundancy... (extra cells and more electronics) but that requires more weight... its a trade off... I would guess that the electronics did not malfuncion, that whatever triggered the event was real... and we must live with that until we want to sacrifice flight time, for and improvement in energy availability reliability... reliability decreases everytime I add a cell... 1S, 2S, 3S, 4.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456