Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Map not showing the Controller to direction of the drone

Your phone is in the controller holder, so yes you are moving the phone at the same time you are moving the RC. SO which one are you calibrating? No one seems to know for sure.

Your phone is in the controller holder, so yes you are moving the phone at the same time you are moving the RC. SO which one are you calibrating? No one seems to know for sure.
Ok so my experience of it is that I just click the calibrate button, it didn't ask for any actions to be performs at all, it just states, in green text "Ready To Fly"? odd.

Attachments

• 2019-08-15 14.59.37.png
    2019-08-15 14.59.37.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 5
Ok so my experience of it is that I just click the calibrate button, it didn't ask for any actions to be performs at all, it just states, in green text "Ready To Fly"? odd.

When ever I have gone through the process you have to move the controller all around. Did you not get that come up on the screen?

When ever I have gone through the process you have to move the controller all around. Did you not get that come up on the screen?
No nothing like that which I though was a bit strange, based on other comments I expected to see instructions?. I'll try it again in a mo, off for a quick flight so will try it again prior to take off.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
No nothing like that which I though was a bit strange, based on other comments I expected to see instructions?. I'll try it again in a mo, off for a quick flight so will try it again prior to take off.
Calibrated the drone and it was as expected with the animation depicting the movement through the axis, however when calibrating controller, nothing, it just immediately states ready to fly.

You could try using a long USB lead and the phone not mounted on the controller. You could then move the controller without moving the phone and see whether the software accepts the calibration or whether it is necessary to move the phone and not the controller.

Hmmmm ? I wonder if his phone has a compass or if it does is it working?
Certainly has, it was one of the main reasons I chose the xiaomi mi5s. Originally wanted the Moto G4 but that does not have a "Real" compass i.e no Magnetometer

Read my reply to you on Post #15

You need to click on reset, before you can calibrate the controller again - and for everyone else you are calibrating the skycontroller NOT your phone - as I did my calibration using a long USB lead - so the phone was not mounted on the controller.

You need to click on reset, before you can calibrate the controller again - and for everyone else you are calibrating the skycontroller NOT your phone - as I did my calibration using a long USB lead - so the phone was not mounted on the controller.

Well there you go, thanks for the reply (y)

That's what I thought. I've never had the phone mounted during controller calibration. I did have this same issue yesterday when I had the drone out about 3,500 feet, but the minimap started showing both controller and drone orientation again partway back, maybe 2,000 feet. Probably time for a re-calibration.

Oversight on my part, missed your comment on click on the reset, that worked fine, thanks again. Will note if any improvements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73