Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Master Thread for Rumored (or genuine) Anafi Signal Booster Mods

jeremiah23

Reaction score
Hi everyone! There is a lot of speculation on who might be making signal boosters for the Anafi, and most comments seem to be scattered around the forum. I thought I would make one post that brought all the current information together on Wifi/Range boosters for the Anafi. Here is what I've pulled together from your various comments:

1. A proposed Antenna booster from Alientech (UPDATE: Alientech says they will NOT produce this due to QC issues)
2. A dual antenna booster from FPVLR (price is in flux, release date unknown, instructions for installation unknown)
3. A booster mod kit that looks hand-built and was promised the first week of October (UPDATE: Called "Skyshit 3" and may be announced formally on 11/1/18?)

Those are the three I've seen so far. If anyone else has information to add, throw it in this thread!

Last edited:
The alientech one I had messaged them a few days ago and they did not reply. From a previous conversation they said they were working on the mounting bracket but that was weeks ago. I just sent them another message for any updates. If they message back I will post it here.

The alientech one I had messaged them a few days ago and they did not reply. From a previous conversation they said they were working on the mounting bracket but that was weeks ago. I just sent them another message for any updates. If they message back I will post it here.

Direct message form FB alientech
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 09.06.41.png

"instability of Anafi drone", "power failure", "uncontrolled runaway and so on" !!!??? ??☹??
Crazy, these Alientechs! ?

FPVLR published a test vid:

Last edited:
"instability of Anafi drone", "power failure", "uncontrolled runaway and so on" !!!??? ??☹??
Crazy, these Alientechs! ?

FPVLR published a test vid:

The question I have about this one is: how do we install this? It looks like it's about $115 USD, but if this requires soldering or getting into the controller, I better have some clear and easy-to-to follow instructions to watch before I attempt anything.

I wrote them and they said soldering was required. I too am not so great at soldering. Said he would send more information but I've not heard a word.

I wrote them and they said soldering was required. I too am not so great at soldering. Said he would send more information but I've not heard a word.

I sent a message to them too but their website gave me an error when I hit "submit", so I hit a dead end there.

Hello, I'm the owner of drone-de-loisirs.fr :)
Alientech told me last tuesday they have suspended the booster development for Anafi.
1540904921852.png
They even sent me a video to support their claim.
On some facebook groups, someone is talking about Skyshit 3 booster mod, they already did something like this for Skycontroller 2 (Skyshit 2)

Hello, I'm the owner of drone-de-loisirs.fr :)
Alientech told me last tuesday they have suspended the booster development for Anafi.
View attachment 416
They even sent me a video to support their claim.
On some facebook groups, someone is talking about Skyshit 3 booster mod, they already did something like this for Skycontroller 2 (Skyshit 2)

Maybe they refer to this Anafi HammerHead Mod Kit + SkyController 3 Dual Booster Mod Kit Bundle Pack | eBay

However it is very expensive and for US only as I saw it.

Thanks for the ebay link, I couldn't find it !
Excluded countries for the skyshit 3 are : Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Taiwan, Canada, China, France, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Don't know why yet.

Thanks for the ebay link, I couldn't find it !
Excluded countries for the skyshit 3 are : Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Taiwan, Canada, China, France, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Don't know why yet.

Well, for countries apart from US, the shipping charges and import duties exceed by far the price of the mod, if your check..
For me it requires 999 USD, which obviously is not an option :)

Reactions: KIRKMAN
WHAT?? You're right !
They say free shipping worldwide except excluded countries. Maybe it's not yet completely configured because even in the US (depending on the zip I think) I find 999 USD of shipping charges.
I'm in France so it's not even an option for me :/

LOL
You have to love this part :)

It could be dark grey, light grey, orange, yellow or red. Dispatch in random order and totally subjected to the mood of the Creator on the day he creates them.

There was another forum he was posting to and every single post he had he put down the Anafi to the point you got the impression he hated it. Then he came out with this mod on facebook a few weeks ago, makes you wonder about how good this is going to work. His mod for the Bebop seems good so maybe he can get something going. If it did not ruin my warranty I would mod my controller with just 2.4 and 5.8 antennas and a set of boosters. I have done this for pretty much all my UAV's. Not hard to do. Just take your time and plan it all out.

Well, for countries apart from US, the shipping charges and import duties exceed by far the price of the mod, if your check..
For me it requires 999 USD, which obviously is not an option :)

That is CRAZY expensive. $666 for the part and then $999 for shipping? I am guessing these are place-holders for the final price, but if that's honestly what the maker thinks he can charge, I'll call that a hard pass.

There was another forum he was posting to and every single post he had he put down the Anafi to the point you got the impression he hated it. Then he came out with this mod on facebook a few weeks ago, makes you wonder about how good this is going to work. His mod for the Bebop seems good so maybe he can get something going. If it did not ruin my warranty I would mod my controller with just 2.4 and 5.8 antennas and a set of boosters. I have done this for pretty much all my UAV's. Not hard to do. Just take your time and plan it all out.

This is the same as the one posted above. Creator smells like the famous ...solaris8x86, that seems to pose his nose to everybody that acquired an Anafi, commenting that Parrot is lying about the range of Anafi, that it does not worth and that Bebop 2 is better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut