Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My 2nd Anafi Fell From The Sky

IM35461

Reaction score
My drone had being doing well but today my first time to try the new firmware and battery firmware update.

However, just under 4 minutes into the flight the controller lost connection (slow blue light) and it vanished from the sky.

Tried RTH and controller off and on but no luck so time to go drone hunting with the app.

Found it in under 5 minutes but it's flying days are over :(

It still powers up but leg broken and camera gimbal broken

View attachment 20200319_134547.jpg

Screenshot_20200319-135923.pngScreenshot_20200319-135928.pngScreenshot_20200319-135932.pngScreenshot_20200319-135951.png

Looks exactly like what happened to me and other folks here. Sudden drop with nothing related to it on the log, so everything pointing to a sudden electrical/logical failure. You'll be the 5th case. Would you mind posting your JSON for scrutiny?

Thanks!

Looks exactly like what happened to me and other folks here. Sudden drop with nothing related to it on the log, so everything pointing to a sudden electrical/logical failure. You'll be the 5th case. Would you mind posting your JSON for scrutiny?

Thanks!
Can't recall how to do that. Clicking on the download icon against any of my flights in the app seems to do nothing.

I have files from the sd card in the FDR folder if they help

I was hoping to get a video of the last part of this bridge being built :(

Attachments

• 20200319_125626.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
Is your device online?
It should give you a "share with" option

Edit: Just to late ;-)

Looks like this will be the next purchase for most Anafi owners ?

Parrot - Mechanical Kit for ANAFI Drone - Drone Body + 2 Front Arms + 2 Rear Arms + Hinge and Mount + LED + Coaxial Cable Front and Rear + Screws and Assembly Tool - ANAFI Drone Repair Kit Parrot - Mechanical Kit for ANAFI Drone - Drone Body +: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Alas, the camera gimbal ring is also cracked but ribbon cables seem to have survived.

I shall see if my Mavic Air still works. I can't remember when I last used it.

I would not have thought anything other than a very soft landing or a parachute would have reduced the damage. The angle that the Anafi contacts the ground will also have a bearing on the type and amount of damage done.

What I am saying would guards prevent damage in this instance?

They could even worsen it!
In case the bird would "survive" a fall, the arm(s) could be broken by the longer lever arm, which will apply force just on a small piece of the arm: crack!
Imho, guards are just protection if flown inside and (or at least outside) very carefully.
So that the props don't get hit by anything and keep spinning

I logged a support / repair request surgesting the cause of the crash was an issue with their 6.6.6 software / firmware release.

Of course with most of the world in a lockdown I am not really expecting much support.

Thus back to using my other drones.

My drone had being doing well but today my first time to try the new firmware and battery firmware update.

However, just under 4 minutes into the flight the controller lost connection (slow blue light) and it vanished from the sky.

Tried RTH and controller off and on but no luck so time to go drone hunting with the app.

Found it in under 5 minutes but it's flying days are over :(

It still powers up but leg broken and camera gimbal broken

View attachment 3666

View attachment 3662View attachment 3663View attachment 3664View attachment 3665
What are the anafi firmware and controller software versions used please ?

I logged a support (if that is the correct term) back on the 23rd of March and other than an automated email nothing.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Parrot
We confirm receipt of your request 1406740 - Repair estimate - product out of warranty.
Our Customer experience team is processing your request and will contact you very soon.
Kind Regards

Parrot Customer Experience Team

I see firmware updates are still being rolled out during the current issues but what about customer service?

Parrot support is still operational, but on a very much reduced level. I understand many of them are working from home.

Covid-19 is causing us so much pain and frustration, I dont think we have a lot of choice but to just go with the flow.

Their VP recently commented on the Support side:

"We have recently made a comprehensive review of our support and service levels and as a result of this review defined and step by step started to implement a rigorous process improvement plan, this will be phased in over the next months and covers many elements of the support process."

Hopefully this should change the support mechanism in our favour.

Reactions: IM35461
Got an email from Parrot today and they agree it is defective but have to deal with Amazon UK to get a refund or replacement.

Is this what they do now and do I have any hope? No new base units even in stock.

The Anafi drone with serial number: PS728000AAxxxxxxxxx is defective and should be replaced.
Please refer to the point of sale (Amazon) in order to proceed with the replacement or refund for you.

Any thoughts please?
The drone is over two years old now (under 2 when it fell from the sky).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53