Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My 2nd Anafi Fell From The Sky

They are probably doing the same thing they pulled on us Canadians back in March of 2019. If you don't get anywhere with Amazon send them them Amazons response and then see what they say.

Got an email from Parrot today and they agree it is defective but have to deal with Amazon UK to get a refund or replacement.

Is this what they do now and do I have any hope? No new base units even in stock.

The Anafi drone with serial number: PS728000AAxxxxxxxxx is defective and should be replaced.
Please refer to the point of sale (Amazon) in order to proceed with the replacement or refund for you.

Any thoughts please?
The drone is over two years old now (under 2 when it fell from the sky).

Drones under warranty are serviced or replaced by the seller. This is in their official dealer contract. Have you reached out to Amazon?

Got an email from Parrot today and they agree it is defective but have to deal with Amazon UK to get a refund or replacement.

Is this what they do now and do I have any hope? No new base units even in stock.

The Anafi drone with serial number: PS728000AAxxxxxxxxx is defective and should be replaced.
Please refer to the point of sale (Amazon) in order to proceed with the replacement or refund for you.

Any thoughts please?
The drone is over two years old now (under 2 when it fell from the sky).
I had the exact same thing happen a few months ago Parrot provided letter that drone was defective and told me to contact Amazon in USA for replacement
When I reached out to Amazon they did not have a clue - but while I was on phone with them I provided the confirmation letter
Then at same time I had them call Parrot support while I was on hold - Parrot confirmed
Amazon agreed to refund cost of purchase - but when I received amazons confirmation it was only 80% of purchase price - 20% deduction for restocking fee
So i got back on the phone with amazon and pushed back - got a hold of a supervisor and they agreed to give me an amazon credit for an additional 10%
It all worked out ok in my case as I was able to purchase new drone that was on sale, but took some effort

Got a response from Parrot.

Hi xxx,
I am sorry to know that Amazon was not able to replace your drone however as long as you have purchased the drone from Amazon and not from Parrot then the replacement has to be carried out by Amazon and if they do not have and Anafis in stock you can ask them for a refund.

I shall give up on getting Anafi back in the sky :(
What does annoy me is that the cause of it falling from the sky was their dodgy 6.6.6 update along with the batteries update.

Anyway options now.

1. Get Karma drone out of coffin and see if it still works (it never fell from the sky).
2. Get the new Mavic Air 2
3. Use my Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro V2 more.
4. Get a cheap customer return Anafi from Amazon (over 30 to pick from).

With all the hassle of drone flying now I don't find it as much fun and finding somewhere quiet is even more of a challenge.

Got a response from Parrot.

Hi xxx,
I am sorry to know that Amazon was not able to replace your drone however as long as you have purchased the drone from Amazon and not from Parrot then the replacement has to be carried out by Amazon and if they do not have and Anafis in stock you can ask them for a refund.

I shall give up on getting Anafi back in the sky :(
What does annoy me is that the cause of it falling from the sky was their dodgy 6.6.6 update along with the batteries update.

Anyway options now.

1. Get Karma drone out of coffin and see if it still works (it never fell from the sky).
2. Get the new Mavic Air 2
3. Use my Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro V2 more.
4. Get a cheap customer return Anafi from Amazon (over 30 to pick from).

With all the hassle of drone flying now I don't find it as much fun and finding somewhere quiet is even more of a challenge.
That really stinks that Parrot will not handle getting the replacement for you, either thru amazon or themselves
Did Amazon offer you a refund? If not I would escalate thru Parrots management
This style or type of Customer Care is unacceptable - to make the customer do all the leg work

For those not under warranty, I wish Parrot would sell bare drones. Mine went for a swim after the warranty expired and my only options are to buy a new Anafi with controller and battery or a different drone. Even though I think mine is was a software issue, I'd be reluctantly ok with that. I tried getting an estimate from Parrot for a repair job but only received an out of warranty email. I even put in the estimate page that it was out of warranty.

For those not under warranty, I wish Parrot would sell bare drones. Mine went for a swim after the warranty expired and my only options are to buy a new Anafi with controller and battery or a different drone. Even though I think mine is was a software issue, I'd be reluctantly ok with that. I tried getting an estimate from Parrot for a repair job but only received an out of warranty email. I even put in the estimate page that it was out of warranty.
You could:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar