Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Apps Out With Panos And precision landing

On the Android device, Panorama is not available until you take-off, then you will be able to select Pano..... we all fell for that one

Page 43 on Version 2 of the user manual

Reactions: Ross
The file size would be too big.......create your own pano using ptgui

Why? I'm talking single RAW images, not the whole pano as RAW. Exactly for the purpose of stitching it myself on my laptop.
Now, I would still need to manually steer the Anafi / camera to take each shot, which could be much more convenient if the Anafi did that for me.

now the anafi does it alone.
I only use a program that joins them in a few seconds.

Last edited:
Updated to last firmware/app for now all rights.
Galaxy S6 flat with android 5.1.1 performance excellent no black fpv screen. FCC manual channel 165. For now only tested indoor and i see much better stability without gps. Waiting for test outdoor.Upgraded after I reset drone with the app and with powerbutton with all led red then clear app data. I prefer to calibrating the drone every time I flight.

Reactions: Ross
Good news I read for the moment, momently here in Belgium, bad weather, so not possible to do some testing. Once better I will do some tests..

On Android there is no Pano box next to "Photo-Mode" - "Timer". So v. 6.3.0 obviously has no Pano mode.
After the update there was no life-feed first. After rebooting phone and Anafi everything worked fine.
The pano options are there on Android but only after take off!

The update just arrived in my neck of the woods. Most everything works on my "2017" ipad. Only issues are the fpv is shaky in photo mode and the sphere creation crashed in hi res mode. It was successful in low res. The horizontal pano worked in hi res. Nice worthwhile upgrade features. Bad news is my old 4.4.2 samsung tablet can no longer run freeflight 6 at all.

After updates for Android FF6 6.3.0, SC3 1.3.1,, Anafi 1.3.0 there was no live feed or First Person View feed for me. Uninstall and reinstall FF6 and resets did not help. Called Parrot for customer service. What a great costumer service experience. They recommended to try another device which performed the same way and do the anafi reset above. The second call to their costumer service said they were working on a fix because I was not the only one having this issue. My device is a Redmi 4a running android 7.1.2 N2G47H and the other device was a Samsung S4 SGH-I337 running Android 5.0.1

After updates for Android FF6 6.3.0, SC3 1.3.1,, Anafi 1.3.0 there was no live feed or First Person View feed for me. Uninstall and reinstall FF6 and resets did not help. Called Parrot for customer service. What a great costumer service experience. They recommended to try another device which performed the same way and do the anafi reset above. The second call to their costumer service said they were working on a fix because I was not the only one having this issue. My device is a Redmi 4a running android 7.1.2 N2G47H and the other device was a Samsung S4 SGH-I337 running Android 5.0.1
Good information. It only makes sense that they are working on a update. Rendering so many phones useless is not in their best interest. Hopefully they will have fix out soon for those that need it.

Reactions: Lagm2k19
I did some tests yesterday with the iPhoneX and Huawei p9 light. So osx and android OS.
First remark for me, the precision landing is 'super', before really not, now with the update, precision is precision!! I was testing the following mode on iPhone X and sometimes when I select a person immediately the camera turns 180 degrees the other side. Not every time but when the Anafi is close and not that high he's heading 180 degrees the other side after select the person. Also as I read in this treat, sometimes it start up with a black screen on my iPhoneX, so the only thing I do, i disconnect the usb from my controller, connect it again, and problem was solved.
Also in the follow me mode, I start the Anafi about 10 meters high, he's following me, and sometimes he descent to 1 meter himself without using the controller sticks.
Important too, my wife was near me, and when she 'unselect' the fly modus from the iPhone, immediately my controller gives warning bad connection, so it's very important to select flight modus on all unneeded stuff.
I hope this can helps..
So not special differents between OSX and Android OS.

Reactions: Lagm2k19
I did some tests yesterday with the iPhoneX and Huawei p9 light. So osx and android OS.
First remark for me, the precision landing is 'super', before really not, now with the update, precision is precision!! I was testing the following mode on iPhone X and sometimes when I select a person immediately the camera turns 180 degrees the other side. Not every time but when the Anafi is close and not that high he's heading 180 degrees the other side after select the person. Also as I read in this treat, sometimes it start up with a black screen on my iPhoneX, so the only thing I do, i disconnect the usb from my controller, connect it again, and problem was solved.
Also in the follow me mode, I start the Anafi about 10 meters high, he's following me, and sometimes he descent to 1 meter himself without using the controller sticks.
Important too, my wife was near me, and when she 'unselect' the fly modus from the iPhone, immediately my controller gives warning bad connection, so it's very important to select flight modus on all unneeded stuff.
I hope this can helps..
So not special differents between OSX and Android OS.

I have been having the same problem as you with regards to the drone/camera turning 180 degrees after selecting on object when using Smart Dronies. Once the Anafi has turned 180 degrees in the air it also points the camera downwards, not a full 90 degrees down, more like 30, so basically flips round to point at where I was standing.

I had this twice now when trying to draw a rectangle around objects rather than a person. The first time was a clock face on a tower that I was trying to do dronies on the second time was on the side of a viaduct.

At first I thought it was because I was trying to do dronies on an object instead of a person and thought the Anafi was trying to turn round to where the controller was but I have seen videos on YouTube where people have used the smart dronies function on objects to film them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood