Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Apps Out With Panos And precision landing

Just a test...
I updated and seems all ok. Video ok, later i try a fly.
Tested FCC mode too, and noticed that CE mode have different channels:

View media item 8This Is CE mode

View media item 7This Is FCC mode
Are you on Android? Thank..I don't understand if the new firmware work on Android system...on all Android system! I have a Asus Zenfone 4

Thanks to pete2k from Finland, I think I figured out some issues on how to process the panos after they have been taken. Looks like Parrot wants you to use the Media center on the FreeFlight 6 app for processing the pano’s that were taken. Essentially, you need to transfer the contents of your Anafi SD card to the device that contains FreeFlight 6 app. You do this when the two are connected. Once I figured this out (thanks again to our Finland friend!) it was relatively easy to create the pano’s in the FreeFlight app in the Media section using your device (mine is a Android Huawei Mediapad). Once in the Media section, you click on a Pano and it will give you options to create the final pano in either normal resolution or high resolution. That is where the Tunnel and Little Planet options are located if you click on a 360 degree pano. Below are two examples of a Little Planet and Tunnel pano options created from a 360 degree pano. Plan to do a bit more testing this weekend – assuming weather cooperates in Chicago. BTW, in my opinion Parrot should release new written instructions when a major update like this is released.generated_10000243_TINY_PLANET_HQ.jpggenerated_10000243_TUNNEL_HQ.jpg

Attachments

• generated_10000243_SPHERE_HQ.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: vekthor and petek2
I updated to new software yesterday. There are updates for the drone, the remote, and the app itself. I had a black screen yesterday and had various other issues with everything. I updated the FreeFlight app and everything seems to be working flawlessly. I did not get to fly the a/c but all looks well from my bench test. (Using I pad 6 gen and iPhone 8 Plus) so please make sure you update the remote and drone and the app.

I'm very happy about the new panoramic photo modes. But am sad that they can only be captured in JPEG. No way to capture RAW images in pano mode. I had hope there'd be a way to retain the single images as DNG.
The file size would be too big.......create your own pano using ptgui

Thanks to pete2k from Finland, I think I figured out some issues on how to process the panos after they have been taken. Looks like Parrot wants you to use the Media center on the FreeFlight 6 app for processing the pano’s that were taken. Essentially, you need to transfer the contents of your Anafi SD card to the device that contains FreeFlight 6 app. You do this when the two are connected. Once I figured this out (thanks again to our Finland friend!) it was relatively easy to create the pano’s in the FreeFlight app in the Media section using your device (mine is a Android Huawei Mediapad). Once in the Media section, you click on a Pano and it will give you options to create the final pano in either normal resolution or high resolution. That is where the Tunnel and Little Planet options are located if you click on a 360 degree pano. Below are two examples of a Little Planet and Tunnel pano options created from a 360 degree pano. Plan to do a bit more testing this weekend – assuming weather cooperates in Chicago. BTW, in my opinion Parrot should release new written instructions when a major update like this is released.View attachment 624View attachment 625
Nice shots, BTW V2 version of the manual is now out! It covers the new features.

RemE thanks for letting me know about the new manual. I will check it out! I also agree with you on the RAW files - DJI does allow that with pano's and I use RAW's all the time to maximize my options when I use Affinity Photo for post processing. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have the Pano option for the Parrot, and I will take the JPEG's. But RAW's would be nice also.

Hello all

Tested stability, pano and all new features in 3 separate flights.
Everything working fine so far.
Very impressed with the new precision landing. Landed exactly on the takeoff spot (+-1cm).
Note: using high contrast orange / blue landing pad.

Mobile hardware: IphoneSE 32GB

IMG_20181208_174046.jpg

Had a chance to test out the updates, a bit disappointed. During the 360 pano the gimbal lost functionality. Pretty nerve wracking bringing it down with such shaky video not knowing the problem. I thought it maybe was shaking so violently the gimbal couldn't react accordingly. Fortunately when I got it down to ground level it became clear it was flying just fine. After a reset the gimbal was back to functioning properly, but clearly there's a bug to be worked out.

Reactions: vekthor
Had a chance to test out the updates, a bit disappointed. During the 360 pano the gimbal lost functionality. Pretty nerve wracking bringing it down with such shaky video not knowing the problem. I thought it maybe was shaking so violently the gimbal couldn't react accordingly. Fortunately when I got it down to ground level it became clear it was flying just fine. After a reset the gimbal was back to functioning properly, but clearly there's a bug to be worked out.

Bummer, but to be sure, did it display a gimbal error? The sphere takes 3 min and the video is pretty much frozen most of the time, the progress bar is the best feedback. Did you cancel the pano and were left with a dead gimbal to land with?

Bummer, but to be sure, did it display a gimbal error? The sphere takes 3 min and the video is pretty much frozen most of the time, the progress bar is the best feedback. Did you cancel the pano and were left with a dead gimbal to land with?
No error displayed. Given it was my first time using 360 I wasn't sure if the non-horizontal pics it was taking was on purpose so I left it to complete the process. So I didn't know for sure of the gimbal issue until on the way down. I tried compiling the sphere image anyway and it was garbage. But given I seem to be the only one posting about this I'm guessing this is a minor glitch, not systemic to the update. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it was purely a one off. And like I said, after a reset I regained full gimbal usage.

I have no video feed after the update! Very frustrating since I was going to take my second flight today. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing. Starting to wish I would have gone with the Autel Evo.

I had the same issue after all the updates. Flight screen on my phone showed everything except video feed. So while everything was still switched on I unplugged the cable to my phone then plugged it back in and suddenly had full video feed. Quite odd. I am using Galaxy S8+ with latest Android.

I had the same issue after all the updates. Flight screen on my phone showed everything except video feed. So while everything was still switched on I unplugged the cable to my phone then plugged it back in and suddenly had full video feed. Quite odd. I am using Galaxy S8+ with latest Android.

Thanks, I tried it and it didn't work. Also when I pushed the jpeg button is disconnects from the drone and remote and goes back to the home screen.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame