Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Apps Out With Panos And precision landing

Short on Android, panorama is only on the menu when Anafi is in the air. And Anafi seems to be better to find back to the starting point is but still hovering in 2m height and is not landing.

The test flight is made in thick fog and zero wind.

Drive into town now, greetings Leif.

I just installed the updates on my iphoneX and check photo, panorama mode visible. 271F916D-2396-4E47-B33E-7972D08B19E2.png

Yes only visible on IOS devices, I have it on my iPhone but NOT on any of my Android devices. Although some believe that its available AFTER take-off, I have yet to test that, very windy here in the UK NE today.

On my Huawei. So no Pano, need to test when airborn if tab will be avaible, but as i read it will. 7B35920A-C6CF-4310-B035-3B8DFAD6F524.jpeg

Yep, can confirm pano appears once in the air and disappears after landing again.

From what I can tell no it has not fixed it at least in 4K HDR mode

Ah but in HDR it's normal/understandable, don't think there ever was zoom in HDR mode.
Can confirm lossless zoom in 4K is there in normal mode.

Reactions: Ross
hi guys,
after update i don't see the image on phone(i use nexus 5 android) and i notice that when i press photo,then press to select jpeg rect -wide- dng the app crash.
i reinstalled app but nothing has changed.
what you advice me? thank you

Its very possible that changes made to the firmware &/or software may have pushed the Nexus 5 past its limits.

No disrespect, but its been around since something like 2013, so may not have what is necessary to run the latest version.

Other than that, the only thing I could suggest would be to remove and reinstall software, and do a hard reset on the Anafi and controller.

You've already reinstalled the app, so nothing to lose by doing a hard reset on the Anafi. Hope it comes right for you

hi guys,
after update i don't see the image on phone(i use nexus 5 android) and i notice that when i press photo,then press to select jpeg rect -wide- dng the app crash.
i reinstalled app but nothing has changed.
what you advice me? thank you

I have had black screen video with iPhone Xs as well. Try unplugging USB cable and reconnecting, it restored video on mine.

I have had black screen video with iPhone Xs as well. Try unplugging USB cable and reconnecting, it restored video on mine.
I also tried this but nothing.
Is possibile reinstalling the update on controller?

With my Huawei I got 'sometimes' problems to connect controller with smartphone, I took another cable, and now everything's ok. So not all the micro usb cables works fine, sometimes change cable helps out..

Reactions: Ghosttjr
unfortunately not all USB cables are made to the same standard. On the Mavic Pro, the one supplied by DJI was total rubbish and resulted in many failures. I now only ever buy high quality USB cables, you pay more for them, but it sure beats all the frustration of dodgy connections.

Your phone likely automatically updated it before you went for it.

Reactions: rsjb41
How to see the battery firmware version?
I have 5 batteries... how to update all the batteries?
The battery version is displayed on the "Anafi Webserver" page under the "INFO" tab.
The batteries are updated automatically when they are used with Anafi.

I just got in a test flight. The app mentions that it has recorded the precise landing point. I went up 300ft and took a pano. It takes 10 photos, unfortunately Parrot didn't take DJI's lead and give pano series a unique folder for the photos or to give them unique file names to make it easier to ID the photos. That said, I'm happy to have auto pano. During the capture, the video mostly freezes in black/white but the progress bar at the bottom of the screen keeps you informed. Normal single still photos also cause a pause (frozen B/W photo) in the video for several seconds after the button is pressed. I noticed yaw jitter in the video stream but took a 4k video with 2 minute 180 degree pan and the recorded video was rock solid.

I attempted to attach the stitched pano from Microsoft I.C.E. but the file is too big for this site to accept (12874 x 4910 11.9MB ). But it looks pretty good overall.

Here's a 50% reduced version of it.PanoTest_Resize 50 percent.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pano. Thanks for posting. I agree, Parrot should provide a new file folder for each Pano. If you take a bunch of Pano's during a flight, it will be tiresome to sort them out for the stitching process. Maybe in a future update. Are you on Android or IOS? Looks like you used the horizontal pano mode - did you try any of the others? Did you have hdr on? Did you try a RTH with the new precision landing capability?

Reactions: 13000dots
Might be worth users submitting a support ticket to Parrot requesting a new file folder for Pano's on the next update....... If you dont ask, you dont get, as my gran used to say :)

Nice Pano by the way..... Bloody freezing here in the UK at the moment, must be at least -4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood