Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No video on phone app over WiFi? (Resolved)

Kdavis2269

Reaction score
Everything is working well with the new Anafi except when I connect the phone app directly to the Anafi over WiFi there is no video feed. Any tips or tricks to fix it? Everything is updated and worked well when I use the controller. I've tried rebooting both the phone and the Anafi but still no luck. I realize that flying without the controller is much less desirable but I wanted to give it a go to make sure everything was working.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Try 'Forget Network'
Then reconnect to Anafi wifi.
This time ensure you say yes to 'connecting to a network without internet, would you like to continue' message.

That was a great suggestion but unfortunately still no video feed. The app connects with the Anafi and I can control the camera tilt but I just see grey fuzz on the video feed. Works fine with the controller. I may have to reach out to Parrot support at this point.

I had a similar issue on my iPhone XS with an additional twist. If I use a third party cable connecting my phone to the controller I don't get video. Changing to an Apple cable to the controller fixed it. I think initially I tried connecting directly through the wifi on the phone and that didn't work. I'm ok with using the video via the controller.

Reactions: Kdavis2269
Try disabling mobile data before making the connection. I’ve experienced the same issues using a Samsung J5 and S7 with a number of WiFi drones and action cameras. Once you’ve got the WiFi connection working you can re-enable mobile data for downloading the maps and/or live streaming the video.

I’ve also had problems with my WiFi enabled OBD2 scanner when the mobile data has been enabled prior to making the connection.

Regards

Nidge.

Try disabling mobile data before making the connection. I’ve experienced the same issues using a Samsung J5 and S7 with a number of WiFi drones and action cameras. Once you’ve got the WiFi connection working you can re-enable mobile data for downloading the maps and/or live streaming the video.

I’ve also had problems with my WiFi enabled OBD2 scanner when the mobile data has been enabled prior to making the connection.

Regards

Nidge.

Issue resolved when I turned mobile data off and back on. Thank you Nidge!

Reactions: zandoli and Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame