Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Not able to get phone, controller, and drone connected.

davecove

Reaction score
When I connect my Android phone* running FreeFlight6 to my controller via a USB cable**, the status icons in the upper right indicate that the controller is attached (green) but the drone is grey. When I try to connect the drone the 'pick you drone from the list' is empty. The controller and the drone both have steady blue lights. The controller can move the camera gimbal but the drone won't spin the props when I press the take off button.

I have been able to connect the phone directly to the drone's wifi but the FF6 still doesn't show the drone as connected.

Help please?

*I tried two different phones
** I tried three different cables

When I connect my Android phone* running FreeFlight6 to my controller via a USB cable**, the status icons in the upper right indicate that the controller is attached (green) but the drone is grey. When I try to connect the drone the 'pick you drone from the list' is empty. The controller and the drone both have steady blue lights. The controller can move the camera gimbal but the drone won't spin the props when I press the take off button.

I have been able to connect the phone directly to the drone's wifi but the FF6 still doesn't show the drone as connected.

Help please?

*I tried two different phones
** I tried three different cables
What version of Freeflight 6 are you using?
Don’t use FF6 USA version

That would not load on either my Android 11 or Android 13 phone, it needed an even older version of Android. I found that it would load on an old Fire tablet but the results were the same. :(

Finally got FF6 to load on an Android 11 phone (Moto G) and everything seems to work great now.

The Playstore said that FF6 wouldn't work because it was made for an older version of Android, but the the link you provided pushed to the phone anyway.

Reactions: BRC
Finally got FF6 to load on an Android 11 phone (Moto G) and everything seems to work great now.

The Playstore said that FF6 wouldn't work because it was made for an older version of Android, but the the link you provided pushed to the phone anyway.
Glad you got the issue resolved!

I am having the exact same problem as davecove, except that the link did not work for me. I have Galaxy S21 5G running Android 13. When I clicked on the link above, I got the same message about it not being compatible. I got a message asking to choose a device, but the only option was a Samsung SM-G991U, and even that was grayed out. I know the drone and controller work fine, because I tested them on an iPad that was running Free Flight 6 version 6.7.5. However, the only version I seem to be able to download is version 6.10.1. On the Play Store, there are a bunch of similar complaints about this app. Any suggestions?

Parrot is making a name for themselves screwing over customers and heartlessly leaving them to bleed out, ignoring their pleas for help as Parrot drops their support from the products they sold to consumers for cash when they move on to their next scam product. My advice: do not purchase any new "supported" products from Parrot, as what is new today will become tomorrow's history. Parrot DOES NOT SUPPORT THEIR OWN PRODUCTS after they move on to their next New Thing. Consumer Beware!

It's like most of the products are supported for about 4 years. After that there is a point when something unpatchable is discovered or a new wifi exploit cant be patched then all patches and updates cease. I'm talking on a hardware level. Barometer or compass issue discovered, who knows? I can't think of any other reason why they would abruptly and silently end updates. Unless the products we buy are experimental beta versions that morph into a new product.

Last edited:
hello everybody. Today my FF6 disappeared from my galaxy A8. I reinstalled but it don't connect the controller while connect the drone via WiFi. I tyed more USB Cable but I think that the problem is the usb port of the telephone. So I tried to install FF6 on a new OPPO but I get the same message "FF6 is incompatible with this phone" somebody had tried samsung A54 ? ore somebody has suggestion for some setting of the USB port of my A8? thank You in advance

hello everybody. Today my FF6 disappeared from my galaxy A8. I reinstalled but it don't connect the controller while connect the drone via WiFi. I tyed more USB Cable but I think that the problem is the usb port of the telephone. So I tried to install FF6 on a new OPPO but I get the same message "FF6 is incompatible with this phone" somebody had tried samsung A54 ? ore somebody has suggestion for some setting of the USB port of my A8? thank You in advance
BRC posted the link to the official app that worked for the other person. Try that and see if it works for you.

BRC posted the link to the official app that worked for the other person. Try that and see if it works for you.
I tryed but it is no compatible and there is not the possibility to install it. I don't know if it is a problem of the OPPO phone or it is a problem of Android 13

I tryed on a samsung S23+ the message is always the same. but there is not the possibility to install it. please see the attached file. Somebody has some idea or suggestion? I alo tryed to install on a tablet with android 8 and it works well!

Attachments

• S23.jpg
    S23.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6

Hallo Davecove may ask You how you pushed the installation of FF6 on Android 13 because I have not any possibility to install it "because it was made for an older version of android". Thank You in advance Salvatore

Bump. What I would like to know is, what is the highest android version that works with FF6 app?

How are apple phone and tablet users doing on recent versions of their OS and this app.

Fron what im seing android 10....and i dnt know about i phone....my wife has i phone xr and she can download FF6 i havnt tried to see if the drone will all connect tho ...however im not allowed to touch her phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320