Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

O'Dear...... micro usb broken off in bebop 3.0 ....now sky controller is not working ???

Nexus

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was taking some video today and all went well. I was flying with the original big sky controller 1

After plugging in the bebop's micro USB to my PC I could not get it to connect to import the video which it has done ok many times before.

After jiggling the usb connection I got it to connect to the pc and download the videos, but on unplugging the micro usb the whole socket came away from the motheboard.

OK I thought .....so now I will have to download any videos/pic via wifi and the FFP app........ no big deal.

So after recharging the batteries off I go to the field but now the Skycontroller wont connect to the drone and all I get is a single red light indicator led on the sky controller showing the bebop connection Normally it goes red and then measured the power of the bebop battery. I also dont have any wi fi indicator led on the left of the skycontroller just a single red led? The sky controller goes through the sequence of tests white LED before it gets to the red LED indicator.

The strange thing is that I can connect and control the bebop with my Tabletphone no problem, just not with the skycontroller

Would a broken micro USB prevent the bebop from communicating with the skycontroller ?

Any help or suggestions wold be appreciated as re-soldering the SMD micro usb is beyond me,

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Well I have made some progress. While connected to the bebop via my table/FFPro I went into "Networks" and found that it was jumping between 5.8ghz and 2,4 ghz ? I managed to get it fixed/solid on the "All" Setting in networks. and now I can connect with the sky controller again as normal with good wifi So I think much of this is the FFPro software. Also now the screen display in FFPro is different ! Before when I pressed the "CONNECT" button it would just tell me to connect the WiFi but now when I press "connect" I see a long list of possible wifi connections with the bebop at the top of the list. On selecting that, all the skycontroller connections started working again and I get the skycontroller connected indicator, and a good video signal, plus on the sky controller it now shows the power indicator of both the drone and the skycontroller batteries plus a full strength wifi signal on the left area of the sky controller? Do you have any thoughts or would anyone else like to jump in ? many Thanks PS Yes!.... I did have the latest software on the skycontroller and on the drone with no updates indicated !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood