Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Disco stall speed ?

Landbo

Reaction score
Sorry but I came to buy a brand new Parrot Disco for almost no money. :D

In the specifications, Parrot writes that the maximum speed is 80 km/h, but nothing about the speed at which a stall is coming. Google does not provide anything useful.

Anyone who knows something about a disco ? :)

Regards Leif.

A bit jealous ;)

Dustin Dunhill on youtube would be the person I would ask. I've seen him long-range his Disco at what appeared to be pretty leisurely speeds.

A bit jealous ;)

Dustin Dunhill on youtube would be the person I would ask. I've seen him long-range his Disco at what appeared to be pretty leisurely speeds.

There is nothing to be jealous about. Currently cost for Parrot Disco is about 1/4 of what the price was once.

However, I have almost regretted the purchase, since I can not be allowed to land it on the sticks. Automatic landing requires a very long runway. When I fly my model airplane, I usually use a small place down in the fruit garden to land. There are "only" 20 meter runway but shelter from the westen wind which is usually strong here. I can not use that place for the Disco when I want to fly autonomous missions. :(

Dustin Dunhill's autonomous flight can not be done here in Denmark without having to clear the bank account to pay an big fine if the wrong people discover the trip. :LOL:

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
There is nothing to be jealous about. Currently cost for Parrot Disco is about 1/4 of what the price was once.

However, I have almost regretted the purchase, since I can not be allowed to land it on the sticks. Automatic landing requires a very long runway. When I fly my model airplane, I usually use a small place down in the fruit garden to land. There are "only" 20 meter runway but shelter from the westen wind which is usually strong here. I can not use that place for the Disco when I want to fly autonomous missions. :(

Dustin Dunhill's autonomous flight can not be done here in Denmark without having to clear the bank account to pay an big fine if the wrong people discover the trip. :LOL:

Regards Leif.

Use a catch net.

maxresdefault.jpg

id_uav_rq2_03_700.jpg
avinre3.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
Use a catch net.

maxresdefault.jpg

id_uav_rq2_03_700.jpg
avinre3.jpg

LOL ***** Yes, you've figured it well, so it's up to Parrot Disco to hit the catch-net or crash in the fruit trees. o_O

I'll have to wait for spreading fog until I've got Parrot Disco on it's wings, maybe it's not that hard as Parrot writes in the manual anyway. ;)

My Disco comes with the post later today. :)

Regards Leif.

Unless you’re flying in full manual it won’t let you stall.

Not sure about the exact speeds, but if I recall pulling the throttle all the way back won’t stall, just slow you down to like 20kph, it loafs along around 40 at no input on throttle, and will do 70-80 depending on headwind at full throttle.

Auto landing needs all the space they ask for if you’re using flightplan, it isn’t terribly good at hitting the exact marks you specify, it will usually be close but not on the ground where the end is designated and need up to another 80 feet, and if on the descent it comes close to trees or a hill it might pull up a bit as the downward facing ultrasonic sensor thingit detects objects too close below it.

I usually just manually take over at the end of a flightplan flight, and manually lead it down to the runway within 10-20feet altitude and then hit the landing button, whereupon it glides then reverses throttle and lands within 100ft.

I’ve had plenty of flights with no to nearly no landing runway, running into bushes, trees etc. Have replaced one prop blade after striking my hand trying to hand catch ( it’s possible but sketchy to try and fly in and catch ).

Try to land uphill instead of down unless you have lots of clear runway downhill.

Watch for gravel or abrasive stuff on your runway, the camera lens is rather exposed.

It can be put in full manual mode like an rc and flown in loops, stalled, rolled etc, but in normal flight they don’t let you go over a certain pitch or roll or below certain speeds, or nose down when you’re too close to the ground according to the one downward sensor.

Unless you’re flying in full manual it won’t let you stall.

Not sure about the exact speeds, but if I recall pulling the throttle all the way back won’t stall, just slow you down to like 20kph, it loafs along around 40 at no input on throttle, and will do 70-80 depending on headwind at full throttle.

Auto landing needs all the space they ask for if you’re using flightplan, it isn’t terribly good at hitting the exact marks you specify, it will usually be close but not on the ground where the end is designated and need up to another 80 feet, and if on the descent it comes close to trees or a hill it might pull up a bit as the downward facing ultrasonic sensor thingit detects objects too close below it.

I usually just manually take over at the end of a flightplan flight, and manually lead it down to the runway within 10-20feet altitude and then hit the landing button, whereupon it glides then reverses throttle and lands within 100ft.

I’ve had plenty of flights with no to nearly no landing runway, running into bushes, trees etc. Have replaced one prop blade after striking my hand trying to hand catch ( it’s possible but sketchy to try and fly in and catch ).

Try to land uphill instead of down unless you have lots of clear runway downhill.

Watch for gravel or abrasive stuff on your runway, the camera lens is rather exposed.

It can be put in full manual mode like an rc and flown in loops, stalled, rolled etc, but in normal flight they don’t let you go over a certain pitch or roll or below certain speeds, or nose down when you’re too close to the ground according to the one downward sensor.

The reason I asked is that on the videos I've seen on Youtube of auto landings I thought the landing speed is extremely high. I've had my Disco in the air twice now and when it lands I still think the speed is extremely high. Is aware that it is not possible to stall a Disco without using an external transmitter/receiver to bypass the C.H.U.C.K.

Thanks for the good advice on flying. In general, I'm probably too careful when landing with my fixed wing aircraft. Rather take an extra round or two than make a crash landing. Therefore, my oldest 15 year old model still looks like a near new one.

I'm going to try to fly a mission here next time my Disco is on the air. At the same time, I have also practiced some more landings so they are sitting on my backbone when I fly the Disco

Regards Leif .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar